contact us |
| || || |
Free tool for learning SQL in FM12
Follow our simple SQL Wizard to create and test SQL queries against your own data.
The explorer lets you use FileMaker metaphors you already know--things like Relationships, Search, Sort, etc.--to write sophisticated SQL queries. You can then copy and paste the resulting queries right into your FileMaker 12 files with all the correct calculation syntax.
| || | (click for a larger screenshot)
| || || |
| (watch a short overview) || |
Online documentation and step-by-step videos.
Jason Young, the author of SQLexplorer has done a great job documenting each step of creating queries, providing detailed videos as you go. We’ve been using this tool internally for a while now to get our own queries written faster (and error free). We think you’ll really find this useful.
The latest explorer (March 1, 2013) lets you copy *abstracted* queries to your clipboard: these are less verbose and survive field renaming, so if you’re past learning SQL, this option is for you.
Watch a video of the new version in action.
To start using the explorer you can jump right in by tweaking the queries it comes with. To get the most out of it, though, add table occurrences from your own files to the graph and you’ll be able to query your own data right in the explorer.
• Create and save your own library of queries.
• Run queries against your own data and export the results to Excel.
• Copy your queries in FileMaker’s ExecuteSQL syntax so they can be pasted as-is into your own calcs.
• Build queries with the explorer’s wizard, then edit the resulting queries directly as you get the hang of it.
• The explorer requires FileMaker Pro 12 or the latest version of FileMaker Go.
SQLexplorer is completely free to you to modify and extend; if you distribute it, please keep the attribution to SeedCode and our logo on the Queries layout.
Download the explorer.
Join our Mailing List
License, Privacy, & Legal
Back to Top