colors dont show up at all once cloned in

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:17 am
I get this...

also I looked at this link
http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=SeedCodeCalendar.EventColors

and none of that fixed it. does it matter that the events list is in another database and is just a table occurrence?

also in the working copy I have that is just the calendar and I click in the CalendarColorGlob it looks like this...

but in the one that dosnt work I get this....

Image[/img]

Im using Windows 7 and Filemaker Pro Adv 11 if that makes any difference.

Also is there a limit to the number of filters we can add to the calendar? I added a 6th one and cant seem to get it to work.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:09 pm
I will have to refer back to my code on this one (unless John chimes in first)
But I came across this issue and setting the font to Ariel fixed it for me.

Like I say, I will check my code and get back to you unless John does first.
Last edited by sws-solutions on Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Wright
SWS Solutions
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:16 pm
Ok, I was a bit quicker than I thought I would be...

Unless the scripts have changed from the version I have integrated...
Open up the script "Load Calendar Graphics"

There is a script step for : setField [CalendarRows::CalendarColorGlob......

Change the calculation to the one below :

setField [CalendarRows::CalendarColorGlob ;
TextSize ( TextFont( TextFormatRemove(Char(9608)) ; "ariel" ) ; 1500 )
]

What appears to be happening is, the colors are working fine... but something forcing the field to align to the bottom is also causing the colors to render outside of the field bounds on the portal... so not being shown.

I have no idea why setting ariel works, but it did for me and has done ever since.
Steve Wright
SWS Solutions
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:56 am
the only line if found in that script that looked like that was disabled and under a comment that said "following do not work from clone" I enabled it, changed it and it didn't make a difference.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:52 am
Ahh ok I just checked the un-modified build of the calendar I have here, It seems that its now using

Insert Text [Select; CalendarRows::CalendarColorGlob ; "â–ˆ"]

You could try instead of that line, using :

Insert Text [Select; CalendarRows::CalendarColorGlob ; TextFont ( "â–ˆ" ; "ariel" )

Or as a temporary measure, go to the layout, select the contents of the field and try changing the font to ariel manually

I've not tried this myself though yet.... or perhaps John has some other ideas
Steve Wright
SWS Solutions
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:04 am
still nothing.... here is the script you are talking about and what I did to it. And yes I closed the DB and opened it again :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:05 am
also if you'd like to see my file thats ok. its small and still just has some sample data.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:13 am
Hi Guys,

You're definitely on the right track that it's a font thing. So you have to get the contents of the field from our example file into your file without the font swapping. You can try copying and pasting it from our sample file to yours. Then try importing it. If you have a mac you can paste it in there, or email it to a friend (john at seedcode.com) who has a mac and I'm sure they'll be happy to do it for you.

=)

Oh, and you should be able to add as many filters as you'd like. Instructions are here: http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.p ... ar.Filters

I can take a look at your last filter if you'd like when you send me the file.

Best,

John
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:01 pm
Any fix yet for us Windows folks other that sending the file back to our "Friend"? :D

Thanks,

Tyler
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:48 am
No. If sws-solutions' suggestion doesn't work you'll need to set this on a machine where it does work: and doing that on a Mac is simplest. You can also try importing that record from the file you downloaded from us: that should preserve the character's properties.
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:16 pm
Thanks. I missed that the first go round. Tried all other suggestions. If not, look for our file early in the week. Thanks again.

Tyler
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:48 pm
What I had to do was to delete all records in the calendar rows table of my integration. Then I went to a working copy from Seedcode and exported all records from that same table. I turned on "Apply current layout's data formatting to exported data" and exported only fields CalendarColorGlob and DateFocusGlob as .Fp7 file. Then i went to my integration version and imported all 200 records. Other variations of this may work for you but it worked for me on an XP machine.

Thanks!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:58 pm
Sorry. Upon restart the colors are gone again. False hope. :cry:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
Fingers crossed... After many restarts it is finally working correctly. Here are the steps.

Go to a working copy from Seedcode and export ALL records from the "Calendar Records" layout.

Turned on "Apply current layout's data formatting to exported data" and export only fields CalendarColorGlob and DateFocusGlob as .Fp7 file.

Go to your broken version and import all 200 records into the "Calendar Rows" table.

So far so good with many restarts. Hopefully it sticks this time :-)

~ Tyler
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:32 pm
I realised that I incorrectly spelt Ariel whereas it should be Arial.

Not sure if this will help, It is incorrectly spelt in my solution too but still worked for me ??
Steve Wright
SWS Solutions
Next

Return to SeedCode Calendar