My Calendars are a Complete Mess

Mods, Tips, Tricks, and Support for Zulu
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 1:56 pm
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 6:52 am
I'll start by saying I am very new to FileMaker, SeedCode, and to Zulu. So if anything I say stinks of naivety and ignorance, kindly point out the error of my ways so that I might learn.

We just had an outside team install SeedCode and Zulu on our FileMaker system. Our goal was to have four separate calendars synced to each other through FileMaker and iCal:

Calendar 1 - A special calendar meant for announcements pertaining to all three divisions located in our building
Calendar 2 - A calendar meant for marketing announcements of one of those divisions
Calendar 3 - A calendar meant for the marketing announcements of the second division
Calendar 4 - A calendar meant for the third and smallest division

Now what was set up is mostly working. We have events that can be viewed both in FileMaker and in iCal. However, some of them are completely mislabeled or don't accurately pass their labels from FM to iCal. Here's the logic I've found so far:

Passing from FileMaker to iCal

Calendar 1 - Posted twice. Once as being labeled part of Calendar 2 and once as Calendar 3.
Calendar 2 - Successfully shows it being part of Calendar 2.
Calendar 3 - Successfully shows it being part of Calendar 3.
Calendar 4 - Events are entirely unrecognized. They don't show up in iCal.

Passing from iCal to FileMaker is even more troubling. I'll admit I don't have a rounded understanding of SeedCode's status field, in fact I am completely boggled. It would seem that the statuses viewable in "Assign Colors" and in the "Status" value lists are similar, but different names from those in iCal. When events are passed from iCal to FileMaker, the calendar label is not automatically pulled and brought into the event so it can be color coded. They are unlabeled when viewed on the calendar.

But it would seem that the status field does have a value when I view iCal to FM events in the Calendar Event List. I don't know where the system is bringing in these names or how they can be changed. Here's the logic I've found through that Event List.

Passing from iCal to FileMaker

Calendar 1- Remains unlabeled even in the event list.
Calendar 2 - Similar label to its actual label. It would seem it's by some unseen event being labeled but not actually pulling the correct information.
Calendar 3 - Same way. Pulls a similar title to its actual label, but not the correct label.
Calendar 4 - Label is completely foreign from its actual label.

If anyone has a clue where to start in untangling this mess, I'd really appreciate some help.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
Posts: 665
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:47 pm
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:15 am
Hi Alex Jeane,

Thanks for the message. Right, there's no inherent connection between the statuses in Zulu and the Pro Calendar, so it sounds like it might be something with the field mapping and filter set up on the Zulu side.

Please give me a call at 855-733-3263 so I can get some more background.

Thanks!
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 1:56 pm
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 12:17 pm
Jason,

I found that the only thing wrong was the zulu_filterValue was mislabeled on each of the calendars. Once I set them straight, all of my issues vanished.

Thanks!
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
Posts: 665
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:47 pm
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 12:32 pm
Great Alex,

Thanks!

Return to Zulu: iCal Server for FileMaker

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

(855) SEEDCODE
support@seedcode.com
Follow us: