Zulu Upgrade from 1.2 to 1.247 Problem...

Mods, Tips, Tricks, and Support for Zulu
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 12:47 pm
Hi!

I just tried updating from Zulu 1.2 to 1.247 and I was unsuccessful. I hope you can point me in the right direction! :) As an aside, I uninstalled 1.247 and then installed 1.2 and Zulu started working again.

Here's what I did:
- Downloaded Zulu 1.247
- Stopped Web Publishing
- Go an error from iCal since the server was stopped.
- Ran the Mac Installer and clicked Upgrade, authenticated, and closed the installer when it was done. Oddly, the title bar of the installer window stated "DocuBin Enterprise Integration Installer".
- Started Web Publishing.
- Went to my IP/Zulu. Saw my Registration was ok. Ran the Self Test which stated that CalDAV may be working, but not google account info has been enter. We're not using Google, so that's ok...

From this point on, I could not access the CalDAV server via iCal. I deleted my account in iCal and reentered it and iCal stated there was no server.

So I looked at the example databases and updated the Publish Calendar and Validate Events scripts. Then I ran publish. This took me to a page that would not load. I removed everything in the URL after Zulu and the page loaded...

Finally, I uninstalled 1.247 and installed 1.2 then published the databases and it's working well again...

Any ideas on what I can do to update to 1.247? I'd like to test contact syncing...

Thanks, Hal

Hal Gumbert
CampSoftware.com
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 12:01 pm
Hi Hal,

Thanks for the detailed info. Stopping the WPE when doing a Zulu upgrade is not necessary, only when you're removing Zulu. Can you try the upgrade again without stopping the WPE and see if that works?

Thanks for pointing out the installer window title, I think somebody's got Docubin on their mind =)

Thanks,
-Jason
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 5:20 am
Thanks Jason,

I tried that with no success. Upgrading with WPE resulted in the CalDAV server not being there. Also running the Publish Script went to un undefined page. Uninstalling and reinstalling 1.247 did the same thing. Finally, I uninstalled 1.247 and installed 1.2 and it's working great...

Hal
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 9:06 am
Hi Hal,

We do have a new version of the "Publish Calendar" script since the one that came with Zulu 1.2, and from your description, we think that might be the problem. If possible, can you upgrade and then try to publish the sample file that comes with 1.247, and see if that works? If it does I think you just need to update your existing publish script with the one in the current sample file.

Please let us know,
-Jason
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 10:03 am
Good idea! But I already tried that. :( I updated the Publish and Validate scripts back when I was having trouble before started the thread. The other two scripts were empty so there was nothing to update there...

When I run that script in 1.247 it takes me to an invalid page as if it couldn't be found. It was something like myip/zulu/publish with many get parameters. When I revert to 1.2 the updated script does takes me to a valid page.

It's really odd. It 'feels' like 1.247 isn't starting the CalDAV server process, but 1.2 does it fine...

Hal
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 10:25 am
Yeah...I figured you did, but wanted to check that. =)

When you say you get an invalid page, can you be more specific? Is it something generated by FMS?
We've had an issue where a couple of folks were getting an error 500 from FMS. This was resolved by logging into the zulu sync admin page (even if you're not using Google) before trying to publish.

If not, can you send me a copy of the failing URL, and a screen shot of the error the browser's throwing.

Thanks Hal!

-Jason

Return to Zulu: iCal Server for FileMaker