Unable to Login to Sync Admin

Mods, Tips, Tricks, and Support for Zulu
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:24 pm
I installed Zulu Calendar Sync 1.316 on Windows Server 2008. After publishing my calendar, I clicked on the Sync Admin link and received the authentication screen on the web interface. I typed in the user name and password that I created during installation and it was rejected as invalid. I uninstalled Zulu and reinstalled again with a simple login and password in case I had mistyped my earlier credentials and again received an invalid credentials message. I then ran an update and entered my active directory login ID and password and still received the invalid credential message.

Can you tell me if I am missing a setting somewhere such that I cannot login?

Thanks,
Christopher
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:06 am
Hi Christopher,

It sounds like you're doing everything correctly, so I'm not sure what's happening there. You can reset the account name and password by running the installer and selecting the upgrade option.

Is this FileMaker Server 12 and did you have Zulu installed on Server 11 previously on the same machine?

Thanks!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:15 am
Hi Jason,

Yes, I am running Filemaker Server 12, and Zulu Calendar Sync was not running on the same machine under Filemaker 11. I uninstalled Filemaker Server 12, reinstalled it, and then installed Zulu Calendar sync. I can again get to the welcome screen using http://<local host>/zulu, but my login id and password are still being rejected. I am running the demo version, if that makes any difference.

Thanks,
Christopher
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:30 am
Thanks Christopher,

I haven't run into this before, but the demo mode only runs for 2 hours before needing to restart the Web Publishing Engine. Can you stop and start web publishing and try again?

If that doesn't work, can you send me the catalina log and that might tell us what's going on. It's located in:

FileMaker Server / Web Publishing / publishing-engine / jwpc-tomcat / logs /

and will look like: catalina.2012-11-07

please send to [email protected]

Thanks!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:05 pm
I uninstalled Filemaker Server from the D drive and reinstalled it on the C drive in case that was the cause of any errors. I also manually updated the zulu.xml file with my user name and password. I was then able to reach the sync admin screen. I entered my 'full access' account name and password, and the name of my gmail account and password. I checked 'calendars' for 'Use this account for synchronizing'.

When I click on the 'save account pairing' button I receive the error message "you must enable either contacts or calendars for at least one Google account." Is there something other than checking the box that needs to be done or is the checkbox just not working?

Below is a snippet from latest catalina log file showing the error message and additional warnings.

Thanks,
Christopher

Nov 8, 2012 12:59:56 PM com.prosc.servlet.ServletUtil credentialsForRequest
INFO: no auth provided, use defaults
Nov 8, 2012 1:00:07 PM com.prosc.fmpjdbc.FmXmlRequest onErrorSetAllVariables
WARNING: Exception com.prosc.fmpjdbc.StopParsingException: Parsing thread was interrupted occurred while processing request: http://localhost/fmi/xml/FMPXMLRESULT.x ... able&-view
Nov 8, 2012 1:00:08 PM com.prosc.fmcaldav.Publisher doGet
INFO: UPDATE ZuluCalendarList SET zulu_properties=? WHERE zulu_databaseName=? AND zulu_layoutName=?; filename=FileMaker_Zulu, layout=Zulu Events; updated 1 row(s)
Nov 8, 2012 1:00:42 PM com.prosc.fmpjdbc.FmXmlRequest finalize
WARNING: Warning - request was finalized without ever being closed. Set log level to FINE to get a stack trace of when this request was created. (http://localhost/fmi/xml/FMPXMLRESULT.x ... l&-findall )
WARNING: Warning - request was finalized without ever being closed. Set log level to FINE to get a stack trace of when this request was created. (http://localhost/fmi/xml/FMPXMLRESULT.x ... =all&-find )
WARNING: Warning - request was finalized without ever being closed. Set log level to FINE to get a stack trace of when this request was created. (http://localhost/fmi/xml/FMPXMLRESULT.x ... l&-findall )
Nov 8, 2012 1:01:09 PM com.prosc.fmcaldav.AccountsList save
INFO: Saving AccountsList{calendarDatabaseName='FileMaker_Zulu'contactDatabaseName='FileMaker_Zulu', syncAccounts={}} to preferences
Nov 8, 2012 1:01:15 PM com.prosc.fmcaldav.AccountsList save
INFO: Saving AccountsList{calendarDatabaseName='FileMaker_Zulu'contactDatabaseName='FileMaker_Zulu', syncAccounts={}} to preferences
Nov 8, 2012 1:01:42 PM com.prosc.fmcaldav.admin.SyncAccountEditPage$SyncAccountForm$3 onSubmit
WARNING: Could not save SyncAccount{fmAccount=Account{username='admin'}, googleAccounts=[]}
java.lang.IllegalStateException: You must enable either contacts or calendars for at least one Google account
at com.prosc.fmcaldav.admin.SyncAccountEditPage$SyncAccountForm$3.onSubmit(SyncAccountEditPage.java:164)
at org.apache.wicket.markup.html.form.Form.delegateSubmit(Form.java:1534)
at org.apache.wicket.markup.html.form.Form.process(Form.java:934)
at org.apache.wicket.markup.html.form.Form.onFormSubmitted(Form.java:896)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor47.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.wicket.RequestListenerInterface.invoke(RequestListenerInterface.java:182)
at org.apache.wicket.request.target.component.listener.ListenerInterfaceRequestTarget.processEvents(ListenerInterfaceRequestTarget.java:73)
at org.apache.wicket.request.AbstractRequestCycleProcessor.processEvents(AbstractRequestCycleProcessor.java:92)
at org.apache.wicket.RequestCycle.processEventsAndRespond(RequestCycle.java:1250)
at org.apache.wicket.RequestCycle.step(RequestCycle.java:1329)
at org.apache.wicket.RequestCycle.steps(RequestCycle.java:1428)
at org.apache.wicket.RequestCycle.request(RequestCycle.java:545)
at org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter.doGet(WicketFilter.java:479)
at org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter.doFilter(WicketFilter.java:312)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
at com.prosc.infrastructure.CharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(CharacterEncodingFilter.java:38)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:219)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
at com.filemaker.tomcat.FMErrorReportValve.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:291)
at org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(JkCoyoteHandler.java:190)
at org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(HandlerRequest.java:291)
at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java:776)
at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:705)
at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket$SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.java:898)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:690)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:22 pm
Hi Christopher,

The checkboxes should be working fine, but the interface there can be a little confusing:

First Screen you enter the FileMaker and Google info and select the appropriate checkbox:

1.png
1.png (51.68 KiB) Viewed 26878 times

Then hit Add Google Account so it looks like this
(This is because you can pair with multiple Google Accounts):

2.png
2.png (55.83 KiB) Viewed 26878 times

Then hit the save account pairing, and you should be good to go so it looks like this:

3.png
3.png (34.66 KiB) Viewed 26878 times

I would start by selecting the Remove Account Pairing option to make sure you're starting from scratch.

Let me know if that helps.
-Jason
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:59 pm
Thanks Jason - It's all working now. I was having a problem with a new google account I created for testing the sync. I was receiving an error message that it was an invalid account. I tried pairing with another google account and it worked fine. Pretty cool.
Attachments
Zulu sync.jpg
Zulu sync.jpg (178.71 KiB) Viewed 26877 times
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:18 pm
Great Chris,

It does need to be paired with the "Primary Email" of the account, so that can be an issue, but sounds like you're good. Also, remember in demo mode, Web Publishing needs to be restarted every two hours, so probably bets to keep the syncs manual if running the demo so you don't have it die during a sync.

Should I keep the ticket open about installing on the D drive, or is that moot now?

Thanks!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:10 pm
I will be keeping Filemaker Server on the C: drive. If for some reason I'll need to move it back to D: and I have problems we can open a new ticket then. Thanks for all your help.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:12 pm
Great Chris and thanks for following up. I'll keep that ticket open, but will make it a lower priority unless it comes up again.

Cheers!

Return to Zulu: iCal Server for FileMaker