Status values per source

Notes on our latest calendar for FileMaker 13,: DayBack
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:51 pm
Hi team SeedCode,

Is it possible to have different status values per calendar source?

We currently have a list of work orders that have it's list of statuses, and we also have a calendar of technicians time-off.

The statuses of the two are different. Work orders could be "Scheduled, Hold (For Parts), Complete, etc..", whereas the time-off status could be "Requested, Approved, etc..".

With the way it is now (as far as I can work out) all the statuses must be in the value list or set in the global variable.

It seems like statuses should be source specific and defined in script "Load Source Settings at Startup --- Describe Your Sources Here ---"

Am I missing how to do this, or do you have any suggestions?

Thank you,
Trevor
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:58 pm
Hi Trevor,

That's a great question.

Currently, there is no way to have a source specific status list. This is something that would require a modification to the core calendar code.

I'd like to put a feature request in for this. Is the behavior that you would expect that only the statuses that apply to the currently selected calendar source(s) would show up in the sidebar?

Since DayBack allows you to show multiple sources at once, there would have to be some validation that the status selected is allowed for that source.

Regards,

KC
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:11 am
Hey KC,

Thanks for the new feature consideration. It will be very important to us for sure, as well as others I would imagine.

I would suggest considering this feature implementation in 2 phases in order of priority.

Priority 1
Only show the statuses that apply to an event of a specific source in the event's status popover/status flyout selector.
2017-07-13_08-50-52.png
2017-07-13_08-50-52.png (48.62 KiB) Viewed 8706 times

In the above example, it's a Time-Off event, but is showing all the status values of all calendar sources. I would expect this event to only show status values for the time-off calendar.

Priority 2
In the Filters sidebar, only show statuses of the currently active calendars.
This makes sense to me because if there are multiple calendars, but you're only viewing one calendar for example, it's only meaningful to then further filter by status values of the currently active calendar.
For example, if I have my work order calendar, and my time off calendar, but only the time-off calendar is active and I click on the "Filters" button, I would then expect only the time-off status values to be available. If I have both work order and time off calendars active, then I would expect all the status types to be available for me to filter events on.

Hope that helps! I think in the meantime, we will prefix our status like "WO_TBS, WO_Scheduled, etc.." for Work Order statuses, and for time-off statuses we'll use "TO_Pending, TO_Approved, etc.." and then modify the event save/edit logic to correctly validate its for the correct event type and strip the prefix, etc..
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:07 am
Thank you, Trevor!

I appreciate you providing further feedback on how you'd expect this to behave. I've created a feature-request in our system for this.

I wish I had better news for you, but I don't have a timeline on when this might get implemented. We list all our new features on our version-history page here: https://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/index.p ... ionHistory.

If you're not already, you can follow @DayBackStatus on Twitter to be notified whenever we release a new build.

Sincerely,

KC

Return to DayBack Calendar for FileMaker