Suppress Event Details window when duplicating events

Notes on our latest calendar for FileMaker 13,: DayBack
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:48 am
Hello -

In my solution I utilize a FileMaker Pro generated Event Details window rather than using the default popovers, using the switch you provide.

I notice that the default DayBack behavior upon using Option-Drag to duplicate an event is to display an Event Details window for the newly created event. This is the case even for a new, unmodified trial DayBack.

I want to suppress that behavior. Hoping you have a simple way for me to do that.

Thanks
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:45 am
Hi wsmiii,

While we don't have a setting for this in the calendar, you can modify the following scripts as shown in the highlighted lines of the screenshots to flag these duplicated events where the title is something other than "New Event", to not display the popover after the event is created:

"Submit Event From WebViewer"
Submit Event from WebViewer.PNG
Submit Event From WebViewer
Submit Event from WebViewer.PNG (72.16 KiB) Viewed 10468 times

"Show Event Details From WebViewer"
Show Event Details From WebViewer.PNG
Show Event Details From WebViewer
Show Event Details From WebViewer.PNG (72.16 KiB) Viewed 10468 times

Let me know if that helps!

KC
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:09 am
That works!

Thank you.

(FYI, You posted the first image depicting changes to "Submit Event to Webviewer" twice, but I sorted it out.)
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:13 am
Great to hear that worked for you, wsmiii!

Thanks for letting me know. Sorry about the copy/paste mistake. Glad you were able to figure it out from the screenshots.

Regards,

KC
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:32 am
Oops - I spoke too soon. The modification suppresses the display of Event Details windows under all circumstances (not just following an Option-Drag duplication). E.g, I click on an appointment and no Event Detail window appears.

Let me double check to ensure that I got everything right...
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:52 am
Sorry about that, wsmii.

We need to explicitly check for the $$showEventAfterSubmit value to be False, so change line 16 in the "Show Event Details From WebViewer" script to be "If [$$showEventAfterSubmit ≠ False]" and it should work as expected.

You could also play around with the logic a little to set the variable to True by default if you'd like, but this should work.

Regards,

KC

Return to DayBack Calendar for FileMaker