Updating to DayBack 9.81

Notes on our latest calendar for FileMaker 13,: DayBack
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:30 pm
Please back up your file before making any changes.

If you haven't already, navigate to the "Settings" tab in the calendar sidebar and click "Account Settings". Click "Check For Updates". This button should change to "Install Update" and inform you that version 9.81 is available. Click "Install Update".

To update the necessary script, begin by downloading the latest version of DayBack here:

You should follow these instructions if you have done the embedded integration or the linking integration and you don't want to perform the integration all over again.

Normally our updates don't change so many FileMaker Scripts (most don't change any scripts) but this version adds some new features, a couple new fields, and includes bug fixes that are specifically related to scripts. We apologize for all these changes, but they're worth it.

The Changes

1. Add two new fields to all your events tables (or “SampleEvents” and “ToDoList” if you're using the stock DayBack tables): “Location” and “DBk_Tags” are both text fields. Note that DBk_Tags must be named that way, but if you have an existing field you'd like to use for "location" just make a note of its name and use it whenever we reference "location" below. (Note that your location field must be a text field and it must be editable--it can't be a calc field, though auto-enter calcs are OK.)

2. Place both these fields on your Source No X layouts.

2.1 To do this, open the new version of DayBack you downloaded above and navigate to the "Source No 1" layout. Click on the "Resource & More" tab in layout mode and copy everything related to the location and tag fields.

2.2 Then head over to the first Source No X layout in your file and paste these objects on the Resources tab. Now double click on the location field and select the location field in your table (the same table your Source No X layout is based on). Do the same for the DBk_Tags field. Once both layout fields are pointing at your newly created location and tags fields, continue this for each Source No X layout you have, pointing each at the location and tags fields local to that table.

Note: If you don't want to use "location" for a particular source just point it's location layout field at the DBk_Unused field you should already have in your table. Then you can hide the location field for that source by editing the script "Load Source Settings at Startup --- Describe Your Sources Here ---". Find the comment "Hide popover items?" and add "Location" to the list of hidden items in the next SetVariable line.

3. Edit the calculation definition for the "DBk_WebViewerSource" field in each of your tables.

3.1 Add the two lines shown in blue in the screenshot below. Replace " = Location" with " = YourFieldName" if you're using an existing field of yours instead of location.

9.81Step3.png
9.81Step3.png (124.09 KiB) Viewed 13573 times

3.2 Next, replace all contents below the “Do not edit below this line” with the "Do not edit..." area from the new DayBack file you downloaded above. Be sure to do both parts of step 3 for each table you're showing in the calendar (each of your Source No X tables).

4. Update the following scripts in your current DayBack File (Your file if you have done an embedded integration), but don't delete the script itself. Rather, use the "Select All" command to select and delete the entire contents of each script, then copy/paste the updated contents of the script from the new version of DayBack you downloaded above:

• Replace contents of the script "Submit Event From WebViewer” from the new file.

• Replace contents of the script "Load Source's FileMaker Fields ( Number )” from the new file.

5. Finally, edit the script "Create Edit Delete Event ( SourceNo, Operation ) { Hide, DateStart , DateEnd , TimeStart ... }" adding the lines shown in blue below, copying these from the new version of DayBack you downloaded to begin these mods.

9.81Step5.png
9.81Step5.png (307.71 KiB) Viewed 13573 times

That's it! Run the "Upon Opening" script to see your changes take effect and congratulations on updating to DayBack 9.81!
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:30 am
I am attempting to update from DayBack 9.74.

Went through the entire update process not once, but *twice*, first on the live version of my DayBack FMP file, and then (after the first update failed,) again on a restored backup copy of my live DayBack file. I am an intermediate-level Filemaker developer & consider myself competent to follow some-what involved instructions, such as those above. Particularly on the 2nd run-through I was very careful to follow every step exactly as written.

I get the same result, the "action required / need to make changes" warning that appears instead of the calendar loading normally.

I have made some customizations to the DayBack file but none that I consider "major." I have only the default 2 "source" tables, SampleEvents and ToDoList.

Any suggestions for deeper / more verbose troubleshooting?

Thank you.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:03 pm
Thanks for reaching out to us about this. I'm sorry for the trouble you're experiencing, but I'm hopeful you'll be back up and running with the new build quickly.

Since you are upgrading from version 9.74, you'll also need to make the script changes for build 9.75, in addition to build 9.81. At the link below, you'll find a section for the 9.75 update which includes a link to update instructions for that build.

http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/index.ph ... ionHistory

If you've reverted again, you'll want to run the in-app update process one more time, and then follow the script changes described for 9.75. Then, you'll be good to go to make the other script changes for build 9.81 (you won't need to run the in-app update again).

Please let us know if this helps, and thanks again!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:38 pm
DanW wrote:Since you are upgrading from version 9.74, you'll also need to make the script changes for build 9.75, in addition to build 9.81. At the link below, you'll find a section for the 9.75 update which includes a link to update instructions for that build.
Please let us know if this helps, and thanks again!

Whoops, my bad. I thought I read through the previous versions but I missed the 9.75 update required-manual-changes.

I made the simple version-9.75 required changes and everything now works fine in my previously-edited live copy of 9.81.

Thank you.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:12 pm
Glad to hear that! Thanks for letting me know.

Keep us posted if you run into any other questions.

Return to DayBack Calendar for FileMaker