I'm using two sources on the calendar Pro, both are filemaker. I'm currently using the select source portal with existing script that sends the portal row as a parameter. I'm having two issues.
1. If I click the "New" button (new event) it always defaults to the Event Details window based on Source 1.
2. I'd rather not use the portal type selection of the source, as these users only care about seeing one source OR the other and not both sources together.
1. Based on 1 & 2 above how can I best handle this.
2. If I limit the users to only viewing one source at a time (number 2 above), then I could pull which source was being used and branch to the correct Event details layout. This seems reasonable, but I'd like all the suggestions I can get!
3. What would be the best way to handle, lets say a drop down list of the sources? What scripts need to be touched, and what would change. I'm thinking adding a new global field to hold the selection and then have the scripts act on that data.
I need details, details!!
Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:07 pm
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:47 pm
The default rules are in the subscript "Determine Source for new event"
>>If the default source is active then use that one. (The default source is established in the script
>>"Load Calendar Settings - On Startup -).
>>If not grab the "first" active FileMaker source.
>>If none are active, use the default.
You may be able to play with these rules to get something that makes more sense for you, but having just one source being viewed at a time would work.
Some other thoughts...
You could change the "Select / De-Select Source ( Number )" to make sure that only one source is active at a time, that could help.
You could let them select multiple sources, but if they try to create an event you could give an error and say that this can only be done when a single source is selected.
I don't think the drop down is a great choice, because you'd already be in the context of one source or the other and changing the source would involve moving the record from one table to another which could be tricky.
Another trick could be using the modifier keys to determine which source to write to. If you have just shift down, then Get ( ActiveModifierKey ) = 1, create a record in source no 1. If you have option and shift down, then Get ( ActiveModifierKey ) = 9, create a record in source no 2, etc.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests