SQL Explorer nothing shows in result

General support questions.
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 5:29 am
When I run query nothing shows in the webviewer. I can copy it and data is there. I can open results in web browser and it works. The version is 1.32 as is currently downloaded from your site. Filemaker 17.0.7.700. fmurlscript is on.
I see no one else has indicated this problem.
What could the problem be??
Thanks
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 7:09 am
Hi George,

Thanks for reaching out regarding SQL Explorer. I just verified that the result web viewer is showing up in FileMaker 18 on my machine, so I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the browser settings on your machine.

Are you using a Mac or a Windows machine?

If Windows, are you seeing a yellow script warning in the results web viewer? If that's the case, you can take a look at the DayBack troubleshooting docs here that should help troubleshoot this issue: https://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/index.p ... iptWarning

Which Operating System version and Browser version are you running (Safari if on Mac, IE if on Windows)

Regards,

KC
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 8:38 am
Running OSX 10.12.6 safari 12.1.2
Thanks
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 10:23 am
Thanks, George.

I'm not sure what might be causing this issue, as the stock file seems to be working fine on my end.

Are you receiving an errors at any point?
Is the webviewer completely blank, or is there a message showing (maybe a screenshot would help)?
Do you have multiple versions of FileMaker installed on the machine? If so, does SQLExplorer work in any of the other copies?

Thanks,

KC
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 7:14 am
No errors, No Display.
I can copy to clipboard and there is data there.
Open the file with a browser works.

I Have Default Apps installed, everything is pointed to FMP17.

So this is a problem that filemaker is not able to read the file from the temp directory.

Thanks
Attachments
Clip.png
Sample Screenshot
Clip.png (138.84 KiB) Viewed 126643 times
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 9:15 am
Thanks, George.

If FileMaker couldn't access the file, it would be giving you an error message regarding that. It seems more like the web viewer just isn't rendering the page correctly, especially if you're able to open the results in the browser.

Unfortunately, I don't really have an answer for why this might be happening. It could be something with Safari's settings. If it's something you'd really like to try and fix, one idea might be to reset Safari back to it's default settings.

It would probably also be good to verify that a basic web viewer (FileMaker's map example) is working. It might even be worth trying to uninstall and re-install FileMaker to see if that corrects the issue.

Regards,

KC
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 7:13 am
But...
It works when creating a webviewer and putting the address to the file in it.
I dont know what "Filemaker's Map Example" file you are refering to.
Attachments
ScreenShot2.png
ScreenShot2.png (53.16 KiB) Viewed 126625 times
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 7:34 am
Hi George,

When you create a new web viewer in FileMaker, the first template they provide is to show an address in Google Maps. That's what I was referring to.

It is interesting that it works in your new web viewer when updating the address. If you download a fresh copy of SQLExplorer from here and run the "Hello World" example query, does the web viewer load correctly? https://www.seedcode.com/?wpdmdl=9

Maybe, after running the query, you could try right-clicking the web viewer and choosing the "Reload" option to see if the web viewer shows then.

Since the stock file is working as expected for me in FileMaker 15-18, It seems to me like there might just be a timing issue in the web viewer on your machine. One thing you could try would be to add a strategic pause in the "Test Query" script just before the "Set Web Viewer" script step on line 355. Add a "Pause/Resume Script [ Duration (seconds): 1 ]" step just before that and see if that extra 1-second pause helps.

Unfortunately, since this is a free example solution built for FileMaker 12, and the stock file is working on our machines, we won't really be able to troubleshoot this issue deeper. If you're unable to get the web viewer in FileMaker working, then the workaround would be to open the results in the browser to view them.

Sincerely,

KC
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 9:13 am
No Change with the delay... also reload nothing changes.

So I grabbed the $sc_webviewer data from the Data Viewer after halting the Script Debbuger on line 355.

Pasted into a field and pointed to the webviewer, the one I had created to test the file, and it did not display. After doing a reload on the portal the error message appeared at the bottom.
Attachments
ScreenShot3.png
Screen Shot
ScreenShot3.png (44.59 KiB) Viewed 126616 times
WebViewerData.txt.zip
The data from $sc_webviewer
(4.47 KiB) Downloaded 3032 times
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 10:51 am
Thanks for the details, George.

Doing a Google search for that error shows a lot of different people running into this in Safari 12.1 when opening HTML code from local files, which is what is happening in that web viewer. Pretty much all of the forum posts say that it works just fine if they export the code to an HTML file and open it, which is what's working for you with this too.

Unfortunately, it sounds like an issue with Safari 12.1, so you'll need to upgrade to a newer version of Safari to fix it, which in turn means you'll need to upgrade your operating system to High Sierra or above.

Regards,

KC
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 3:15 pm
Yup Thanks.
Figured it out. POS Apple.
Just disgusting they leave a trail of broken things behind.
Just buy a new one with new bugs... that will fix it.
I have been a user since 85.
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 8:29 am
Hi George,

So when you say you figured it out, did you resolve the issue, or are you going to use the workaround solution you mentioned?

Thanks!

-Eric

Return to General Support