Resume Script Step

General support questions.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:23 am
Can't find my answer anywhere...

Is there a way to call a "Resume Script" as a script step?

The only way I can see that it can be done is by assigning the "Resume Script" (single action for a button) to a button.

This is really proving to be a pain for me, because I'm wanting to keep users from being able to close their windows and force them to press a button to close it, but I have scripts assigned to those buttons. It'd be great if I could have "Pause/Resume Indefinitely" , then "Commit and Refresh" be the last two steps of my "Open Mini Window" scripts. Then, just add "Resume Script" as the first script step for the window button's script. But... I can't see a way to do this.

Then thought about a workaround...don't know if I could hide an object that is a "Resume Script" button, and have my own button's first script step go to that object (the hidden button) and execute it's action (don't know how to do this, but would imagine it could be done)....

?

I have far too many buttons and scripts to reconfigure them for use with a "Resume Script" button. I need to incorporate that step into my scripts somehow...

Nate
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:33 pm
Sorry for the delay in replying Nate; I just don't get the problem here. If you want users to click one of your buttons to dismiss the window anyway then it seems you have two options:

1. The button can simply resume the currently running, now paused script.

2. The button can call a new script and your button action can be set to exit the currently running, now paused script.

Seems like option 2 might be the ticket from what you've said but I don't know. Write back with more details and we'll explore this.

John
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:10 pm
I've been working on FM for almost 3 years and have NEVER noticed that drop down menu that gives you choices for what to do with the current script when you select "Perform Script" as the action for a button.

AMAZING!!!

It's the little things...

Thanks as always, John.

Nate

Return to General Support