billing field mod

General support questions.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:30 am
hello,

i've got a new request to add a billing feature that has me going in circles. people doing the scheduling now want to be able to charge different rates for using more than one resource for an event. for instance we have an event running for 13 days and will be using rooms 168 and room 253.

room 168- 9 days @ $15
room 253- 4 days @ $25

thanks to help from john sindelar, i've been able to add a billing field to our cc calendar with the following-

first get the total number of days for an event:
if (AppointmentsDaily::PrimeApptIDX = AppointmentsDailyRepeating::PrimeApptIDX ; count ( AppointmentsDailyRepeating::PrimeApptIDX ) ; 0 )

then calc the billing total:
Let ( [
Hours = ApptHours ;
days = totaldays
];

(Int(days * ApptDailyRate + miscellaneous)))

i would suggest simply making seperate reservations but the people doing scheduling want to be able to this all in one reservation by command clicking to select several resources to be used for the event and to submit a single invoice. if you have any suggestions or could consult on this, please let me know.
richb
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:09 am
Very sorry it has taken me this long to get back to you!

rbochkay wrote:i would suggest simply making seperate reservations but the people doing scheduling want to be able to this all in one reservation by command clicking to select several resources to be used for the event and to submit a single invoice. if you have any suggestions or could consult on this, please let me know.

Well I can understand people wanting to do this in one reservation window, but at the end of the day this has to be two reservations, otherwise you wouldn't know that you had one room for 9 days and another for 4 days.

So, I believe the challenge here is not in the billing calc but in the interface-- in presenting an interface to your users that makes it easy for them to create the two reservations in one window.

One option would be to show a portal of related appointments so that as you enter "Room 168" Start Date - End Date into one line you're actually making your first appointment record and when you enter the next line for room 253 you're making the second appointment's entry. You may even be able to use the RepeatingID key in our calendar to related these two together if they don't already share a common parent in the event being scheduled.
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to General Support