Type-Ahead in ValueLists

General support questions.
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 6:55 pm
In FM6 I would create a valuelist, say on the NameID, and would sort the list by a second value (e.g., name_LastFirst).

Formatted as a pop-up list, I could then type the first few letters of the last name and have it jump directly to the nearest match, thereby greatly improving the selection of the NameID.

FM7 does not seem to do this at all: even though the list is sorted by the second value, type-ahead only works for the first value, which is hardly useful since the user think in terms of names not NameIDs.

Any wisdom to shed on this puzzle, or is it just a good old undocumented feature?

Ken
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 3:15 am
This is a bug that we are all hoping gets addressed in the June update.

From http://www.filemaker.com/support/updaters.html

Free updates for FileMaker Pro 7 and FileMaker Developer 7 will be available early June 2004. The updates are recommended for all current users, especially if you're accessing files hosted with FileMaker Server 7. The updates improve font smoothing for Windows users and include changes to field validation, merge fields, import and more.

Wish I had more for you. =(

John
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 7:30 am
Thanks, John.

I have the update, but haven't had a chance to check.

I hope FM doesn't have to start releasing "service packs" for bug fixes like another company we all know.

Best,

Ken

Return to General Support