the network is random???

General support questions.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:01 am
Hi
If you guys remeber i had a problem with the getting the network to work.
It kept saying hosts capacity exceeded. But today it suddenly worked!!!!
I mean i was able to share it but to make sure this was permanent i restarted filemake and then i got the errror again.so it's got something to do with the settings....?
Please i really need this to work...i know the experts here can help me?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:03 am
well i found out something. when i publish it on the web. and then access it and then connect to it from a another computer on the lan network not internet it works......anyways to avoid doing the first step???
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:31 am
Greetings,

From your last post I assumed we had determined the problem was that you were using the same copy of FileMaker on both stations, which FileMaker does not allow either by licensing or code.

If that is still the case, you may have found an intermittent way to fool the network sniffer into thinking you have the proper licensing, but I would not expect it to work reliably.

If that is not the case, can you let us know what kind of network setup you have and perhaps we can help you figure out the cause. Let us know what version and platform you are using and we can help you diagnose the problem.
Court Bowman, President
Cleveland Consulting, Inc.

http://www.clevelandconsulting.com/
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:00 am
well no... i had to go and use another serial but i still didnt work.
even when i try it on a really simple file it still wont work unless i do that method.......
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:46 am
Did you ever get a solution to your problem?

I did consider that perhaps you should call FileMaker's support line, they are very good with this sort of problem.

Each user is entitled to one free support case to get them up and running, information on this program can be found here.
Court Bowman, President
Cleveland Consulting, Inc.

http://www.clevelandconsulting.com/

Return to General Support