Integration of Contacts/Calendar w/ PDA, Phone, OS X

General support questions.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:23 pm
I currently own SeedCode Contacts Pro.

Do you have any products that are able to sync with...
o OS X Address Book
o OS X iCal
o Win Mobile 5/6
o Palm OS

If not, can anyone suggest a way to do some form of integration...

I know Productive Computing has Address Book Manipulator Address Book Manipulator however that is only one piece and there may be better ways.

Thanks,

- Miles
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:23 pm
Miles,

There are no easy answers here, particularly when you talk about true synchronization.

There is a great post by John here that talks about getting data in iCal, which is a good option.

You can export calendar appointments to the iCal format and use your ical to send them to the Palm, but there is no good way to complete the round trip and get modified appointments back from Palm.

VizMotion makes (made?) an excellent conduit between FileMaker and Palm, and you could use this to modify CC Calendar in such a way that a round trip sync was possible, but I'm not sure the VizMotion product works in FileMaker 7. If it does, this is your best bet. I have been unable to get a hold of them but you may have better luck.

You can always use FileMaker mobile to move the appointments database to and from a palm; but that wouldn't really "look" like a calendar; though it would have your appointments and let you search for and modify them. We're all a little more excited about this in Mobile 8 with its ability to sync with multi-user FileMaker files.

Alternately you can view the appointments on a web browser through IWP on your Palm, depending on which palm you have, not exactly sync-ing, rather remote viewing, but it is something.

I hope that helps.
Court Bowman, President
Cleveland Consulting, Inc.

http://www.clevelandconsulting.com/
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:57 am
Thanks for the info. Since there seems to be no direct conduit between FM and Palm or WinCE, the next best thing would be syncing with iCal and Address Book.

So there is the Productive Computing plug-in that would partially solve the Address Book aspect (I'm guessing you don't have any code that uses this plug-in).

Anyone have ideas on iCal, beyond the iCal subscription (which would be useful)?

How about syncing with web services like Google calendar?

- Miles
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:52 am
Hi. So far, synching FileMaker to Google Calendar hasn't been successful. We've tried to get Google Calendar to subscribe to FileMaker calendars, but that hasn't worked either. Wish I had better news here. This is something we're eager to investigate, though, so we'll keep looking at it and if you have any ideas, please feel free to email me directly (john at seedcode.com)

Thanks!
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to General Support