Relationship questions from new Filemaker Pro 7 user

General support questions.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:40 am
Hello all,

I am an intern at Earl A Chiles Cancer Research Center in Portland, OR and have been given the wonderful task of using File Maker Pro 7 to create a database of all the cancer patient vials in the labs respective liquid nitrogen freezers. The freezers have columns that you pull out and then there are boxes stacked in the metal columns. Each box has 100 slots, where one vial will fit in one slot. Often times there is a series of vials from the same patient. Each vial set should represent a record in the database.

I have been having problems with getting my "relationships" to work correctly (or at all for that matter) from table to table. For right now I have a "Freezer Database" (where my records are entered) and a "Freezer Logout Database" (for when somebody take a sample out and is using it) that contain fields such as "Vial #", "Date of Sample", "Type of Cells", etc. I would like to link these fields so the information entered in the "Freezer Database" is shared with the "Freezer Logout Database", but after hours of trying to do it, I have not been succesful.

Any help, advice, suggestions, would be greatly apprectiated!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:06 am
Wow, fixed my own problem. I am stupid. Sorry for the unnesecarry post.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:37 am
Good news! (Not unnecessary at all, BTW)
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to General Support