Security issue all versions including 9

General support questions.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:57 pm
Hi,

I am sure that most of you are aware of the various password hacking software available on the net. The most recent one I have come across are the ones from xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. They work very well. So well in fact that for $30 any person with access to an FM database file can get every password and every account name it contains in about three seconds.
Ignoring for the moment the ability of a user to get physical access to a the files themselves rather than over a network or whatever - this still severely compromises the reputation of Filemaker.

I am amazed this stuff is legal, is Filemaker actually doing anything about this? These people must surely reverse engineer the FM application to start with?

Lastly, what would you recommend as the best way to build in another level of security within a solution itself to prevent these kind of applications succeeding in hacking passwords and account information.

Sorry for the rant, but I was stunned it is so easy and surprised FM is not as secure as I thought it was.

Best regards

David

Return to General Support