Appointments from Mailings

General support questions.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:52 am
OK, I know that I have seen it somewhere before but I simply can't find it again. How do I go about posting the mailing as an activity for the contact. This way I can keep track who I have sent mailings to and when. Can you please point me in the right direction?

Thx
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:51 pm
Sorry for the delay in replying to your post! We've been away at the FileMaker Developer's Conference all week and my time here is not really my own.

So I think this is the post you were thinking of: http://www.seedcode.com/support/viewtopic.php?t=1631

That post suggests making a loop that would create a new appointment record for each mailing sent and describes creating a new appointment type called "letters" so you can filter the activity to show just your letters.

However, I don't know if that is how I'd do it if you're using SeedCode Complete. The Mailings sent from SeedCode Complete already show up under the mailings tab of the contact's record. So, duplicating that record in the activity (appointments) table doesn't seem to make a lot of sense. If you have to see those records beside the other activity records you might consider just moving that Mailings portal from its own tab.

I hope that helps.
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to General Support