Multi Users/Colours on Calendar

General support questions.
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 5:37 am
Hi there

I've just started using SeedCode calendar (SeedCodeCalendar.fp7) so I'm a bit new this and please excuse my ignorance. I have couple of questions that I couldn't find answers to in the documentation, these are as follows:

I want to have this single calendar file and have multiple users log into it and put in their diary entries. I then want each user to be able to see all the diary entries for everyone, preferable with each user's entries having their own colour. I am not sure about how to go about this - I can see there is a resources option, which appears to be a way to achieve this, but should I be setting each user up as a resource? Or is there a better way to do this?

Additionally, I also want to make the calendar users actually FileMaker users within the filemaker privileges in the file - is there a way to do this so that when a user logs in with the credentials I've given them, the calendar knows who they are and their diary entirwes are posted as them and in the correct colour?

Sorry if these are basic questions, but any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Nick
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 3:11 pm
Hi Nick,

Good Questions, if you're not using resources for anything else, then using it for users is a pretty common approach. You could also add a "user" field to the events table and have that determine the color. To do this you just edit the field at the top of the field z_sc_ColorCalc in SampleEvents to point to your staff field rather than status. We have more on that here:

http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.p ... ventColors

You can use the function Get ( AccountName ) which will capture the account name of the person logged in. You can assign that value to your new "user" field by making it an auto-enter calculation that references this function, or add a set field script step to the new event part of the script "Click in / Drag Event." Just be sure that the values in your color assignment match the account names you set up in your security.

Let me know if this helps,
-Jason

Return to General Support