unusual error in week and month view

General support questions.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:50 pm
I have an event with start date=26th and end date=27th then the event is displayed in 26th only but when I update same event to end date=28th then the event is displayed in 26th 27th and 28th I am not getting why is it happening can you please help me with this
P.s I am using simple view
Attachments
TwoDaysEvent.jpg
TwoDaysEvent.jpg (125.19 KiB) Viewed 15369 times
TwoDaysEvent.jpg
TwoDaysEvent.jpg (125.19 KiB) Viewed 15372 times
Last edited by arpita on Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:59 pm
And When I set start time =11:00 Am and End time =11:00 Am Its works perfect without any flaw but as soon as I change start time to 12:00Am it again start having this error Please help me I can't compromise with start time and end time they have to be what they are
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:05 am
Hi there, For better or worse, this is intended behavior. With the event starting late in one day and ending early in the next we don't treat it as multi-day event, just an event spanning midnight. You'll see it displayed across the 26th and 27th (which is what I think you want) if you use the non-simple views : it spans 3pm on one day to 11am on the next, but in simple views (and the month view) we chose not to show the event twice. Once you span more than one midnight we treat it as multi-day event, as you've seen.

The reason we made this decision is simple: what start time would we show if we chose to display the event on the 27th also? The previous days start time would be misleading and the next days end time would be read as a start time.

So I think we made the right call here, but you can change this behavior if you want. Edit the script "Insert into Calendar - Write additional days ( Date )" and find the third If statement: the one beginning "If ( CalendarInterface::TimeScaleGlob = "Day" ;"

Edit that calc and you'll see an "and not" section following the comment "support for single day events spanning midnight follows". Delete or disable from "and not..." through "...) // end and not" and we'll show your event on the 26th and 27th. Again, I don't think it makes as much sense this way, but on the simple views you may like it better.

If you want to try and tweak the time displays as a result of this change you'll find some guidance here: http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.p ... imeFormats

Hope that helps,

John
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:03 pm
Thanks john for the help

Return to General Support