Use with Dreamweaver

General support questions.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:14 pm
I'm wondering which, if any, of your products could be used with Adobe Dreamweaver to represent a hierarchical web site. I want to generate files locally, which would be mirrored to a server after updates. The site hierarchy is sections, sub-sections, subject main page (with means to display available different views and select desired view).

The database would contain information about the subjects, image file names and paths, and also design element information such as template or filename and path information. Basically I want a simple way to publish and maintain an image database.

Any information would be appreciated. A web developer member of macrumors.com forum referred me to Seedcode in response to a post outlining my idea. I suppose it could be considered a simple FMP CMS. The static site mirror would enable the simplest server setup however if there is a product which would permit a dynamic site that doesn't require FMP Server or if there is a hosting service which would make this simple a dynamic site option would also be fine. I am not an FMP expert by any means but I have used it productively for a while. Although I have not done much at all with layouts I have a decent understanding of relations and formulas. My use of FMP has been simple relational business databases and massaging data from other databases.

Thanks for any information or recommendations.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:58 pm
Hi Tom. We have a product called "Hierarchy":
http://www.seedcode.com/ccp51/cgi-bin/c ... hy&catstr=

...but I'm not sure it would help you meet your needs. It doesn't have any built-in integration with Dreamweaver or anything like that. - Jeff
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:30 pm
Thanks Jeff. Will take a look.

Return to General Support