Filemaker Go Closes Mid Sync

General support questions.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:41 am
Good Morning Everyone.

I recently made some amendments to my mobile solution ( Gozync 4 & mobile filemaker file ) and since then some users have reported that Filemaker Go closes during synchronization with the server. I was able to resolve this on Friday by splitting my single Zync It - Public API perform script call into seperate calls.

However, this morning I received the same report about Filemaker Go closing mid sync.
Has anyone encountered this before or perhaps know how I can determine the cause?

Any help will be much appreciated

Thanks
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:49 am
Hi Ulof,

Thank you for reaching out to us here. I have not heard of this behavior behavior before -- except when it is expected behavior.

To confirm, it sounds like tables are only pushed when you sync, and records are not pulled from your hosted file; is this correct? Or are only some of the tables being synced?

Can you describe the amendments you made to your mobile solution? Did you happen to modify the "Default Sync" actions for the Entities listed in GoZyncHosted?

Thanks again,
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:32 am
Good afternoon

The amendments I made were as follows:

Mobile:
* Added 1 new field to a single layout in both mobile files
* Amended the "Zync It - Public API" Script to sync less tables and added another 2 calls to sync individual tables

Gozync Mobile:
* Amended the "Custom Mapping : Transformation & Hooks" Script

Hosted Filed:
* Changed a field (which is used to filter during the sync) to a calculation - records from this table are only pulled and never pushed.

Tables|records are pushed or pulled depending on the user action however there is a single layout in which they can either pull or push. Certain tables are synced during a pull and others during a push.

In the interim, while I try to determine the cause of this, I told my clients to cycle back to Filemaker Go 13 which seems to have resolved the issue of the application closing but I'll only be able to confirm in the next day.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:39 am
Hi Ulof,

Thank you for the additional info. It sounds like the issue affected all of the sync routines that you've set up with the "Zync It - Public API". However, using FileMaker Go 13 may have resolved the issue.

What version of Server are you running? Did you recently upgrade your Server as well? In FileMaker 14, it has become important to keep FileMaker Go and Pro client versions in sync with the version of FileMaker Server they are connecting to. In our experience, making sure your client versions (such as 14.0.4) match your server version has resolved many issues dealing with versions/updates.

Please keep me posted on what you clients are experiencing.

All the best,

Return to General Support