Display Certain Resources in Event Summary

General support questions.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:55 am
In the summary for an event, is there a way to have it mention certain resources, but not others. I'm using Dayback Online.

In my case, I have 3 types of resources. Students, faculty, and rooms. They are separated into 3 different folders. Ultimately, I'll be creating printed schedules for students and faculty, and I need it to say what room they are going to.

In another example, like a one-on-one session between a student and teacher. I'd like the students schedule to read who the teacher will be, and for the teacher's schedule to read who the student will be. (As well as the room number).

Thanks for your help!
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:28 am
Hi eccf,

If you're using FileMaker data as a source in DayBack, then you can modify the dbk_eventSummaryCalc field to add the resources to the summary. You could filter through the resource list with a loop to extract only those that meet your requirements, or have a separate calculated field that does that, which you can then add to the dbk_eventSummaryCalc.

Unfortunately, DayBack doesn't have the option to modify the summary with a Google source. One option would be to put the info in the description of the event. This could be automated by adding a custom event action on save to check the resources and update the description according to your requirements. Here's our documentation on custom actions with some examples: https://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/index.p ... tomActions

I hope that helps!

Regards,

KC
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:28 pm
Hi KC,

Thanks for your help. I'm using a google source. So, I'll need to go the custom event route. How would that work?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:00 am
Hi eccf,

Custom actions allow you to write JavaScript functions that relate to your calendar event. Event custom actions allow you to have it run when an event is created, clicked, deleted, or saved. In your case, you'd want to create an onSave event action that checks the variable event.resource for the resources that you'd like to add to the summary and appends them to the editEvent.titleEdit variable. You'd have to do a check that the resource isn't already in the summary since this will run every time the event is saved.

If you're not very familiar with JavaScript and you'd like help creating this custom action, we offer implementation packages. Packages can be used for consulting, coaching, or modifications like these and start at blocks of 3 hrs for $190/hr. When the time comes, you can use this link and, with a day or two notice, we can schedule some time to work with you:

http://sites.fastspring.com/seedcode/pr ... onpackages

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

KC

Return to General Support