How to apply updates PLUS run a script via web?

General support questions.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:27 am
I have a project database published to the web. On the update screen, any of the fields can be modified ... updates get applied by clicking on the standard button at the bottom of the page using <input type="submit" name="-EDIT" value="Process Changes">. Here's my problem. After the updates are applied, then I want to run a script that can check to see if an automatic date/time stamp plus name should be automatically added to the beginning of the comments field. This is to be done only when the status is changed to DONE. I have scripts set up to handle the updating of the comments field but don't know how to apply the screen updates AND run the script.

Defining an <a href ...> executes the script but doesn't apply updates that were made by the user on the update screen... and using the regular PROCESS CHANGES button (mentioned in above para) applies the changes but doesn't run the script. Any suggestions?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:56 am
Sounds like you can do what you need with an auto-enter calculation applied to the comments field. Something like this:

if ( YourTest ; Get ( CurrentHostTimeStamp ) & ": " & YourCommentsField ; YourCommentsField )

Just be sure to turn off the "Do not replace existing value..." checkbox.

HTH,

John
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to General Support