Sending email from IWP

General support questions.
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 3:42 am
Hi,

I am using FM Pro 7 on windows 2000 and internet explorer. I have a problem in sending email. I have a database and published it through IWP. Now i want to select some specific records according to some specific criteria and i have to send a mail(which contains all the records) to a person. From IWP, "Send Mail" Script is not working. How can i do this, please help me.

I have seen some third-party plugins on the web. Can we do it without using these plugins.

Thanx.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 4:43 am
SendMail is not an IWP compatible script step. (When you're editing your scripts, check the box in the lower left that says "Indicate Web Compatibility", that will help you run through scripts which aren't behaving.)

One way around this is to have a FileMaker client opening the same databases and looking for emails to periodically send. You can use one of the Events plugins to have this machine run a "look for emails to send" script every X minutes. You can then send the emails natively or with other plugins.

Since the WPE (Web Publishing Engine) can load plugins, there is a hope that some FM7 Native email plugins will work under IWP. A lot of good people are working on this but it is the bleeding edge, and not yet ready for prime time. I'd suggest you watch for a new version of SMTPit and use the approach above in the mean time.
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to General Support