YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!!!

General support questions.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:41 pm
I am completely devistated.

I've spent the last 10 hours working on a solution, when all of the sudden--for the first time ever--POOF.

I get an error message, telling me that my file is messed up and that I should run "recover" on it.

So I did.

Now I can't open it (or the recovered version of the file)!

It doesn't recognize my user name/password. Not even the default Admin account works.

So, I download a password recovery tool.

It comes back with an error "can't find any accounts".

If anyone has any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it.

I cannot imagine having to redo everything I've done today!!!!

GRRRRRRRRR.

Thanks in advance.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:03 am
I doubt this is any consolation, but we've been there. You'll have to go back to your last uncrashed copy and remake your changes.

For what its worth, coding this up a second time will go faster, and I've found that I do a better job the second time as I have the hindsight of the first go round and usually find a more efficient way to code the same solution.

Small consolation when you're under a deadline, I know.

I remember having crashes that wiped out just a couple hours' work. But when you're under the gun, even loosing a couple hours can just take the wind out of you.

Not that this happens very often, but making zip copies of your work (or save as copy) every hour is prudent. I'd also check to make sure you're on the latest version of 7 (7.0v3). With those kinds of backups you can go back to one after even less severe crashes (where recover works), since you don't want to put those recovered files back into production.

Believe me; you have everyone's sympathies.
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:27 am
At least now I know I should just jump in there and get back to work.

I was considering waiting until Monday to call FMP before doing anything more.

This kinda scares me. Up until now, FMP has been completely reliable.

I hope this type of thing doesn't happen with an implemented solution running our company!!

Return to General Support