Plug-in PopCal3 Help

General support questions.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:54 am
Hi,

Trust you do not mind me asking about this but I am not getting much response from the Plug-in vendors.

I have downloaded the demo version of Popcal 3, including the Configuration Wizard and the User Guide.
The Popcal would help make a great solution for me. Problem is, I cannot get it to work!

I have created a test database (Windows, FM6) to test it. I have created a text field called ‘date_txt’ as the target field for the text returned by the plug-in.

The plug-in is enabled and working and its variants can be seen in the ‘External’ bit of Scriptmaker.
However, the problem seems to be in the script I am writing. I have used the Configuration Wizard to configure the calendar, and it has returned the appropriate parameters. These I have pasted in as per my script below.
The problem I am getting is when I go to ‘OK’ the script, I get the Filemaker script alert ‘This field cannot be found’ highlighting the 'Size' field in the parameter. My entire script looks like this (using pasted Popcal parameters):
Set Field (“date txt”)
External ("Popc-SlideRangeSelection", |Size=medium|Format=dd/mm/yyyy|Behavior=automatic|Kind=buttons|FirstDay=sunday|Error=off|Language=english|Title=Date Picker|Separator=/|X=100|Y=100|Position=centered|StartYear=2005|EndYear=2010|FontSize=9|FontName=Verdana|WinRGB=128,128,128|ControlRGB=192,192,192|Effect=uncover|ButtonStyle=normal)

I am new to plug-ins so am probably doing something wrong. Could you tell me what
Sorry, but the User Manual does not have a step by step guide for those people who have never used plug-ins before and need the idiot’s guide to using them.

Hope to get some help.
Many thanks
David
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:13 am
David,

It looks to me like you need to put the entire string in quotes. So your string should be:

Code: Select all
External ("Popc-SlideRangeSelection"; "|Size=medium|Format=dd/mm/yyyy|Behavior=automatic|Kind=buttons|FirstDay=sunday|Error=off|Language=english|Title=Date Picker|Separator=/|X=100|Y=100|Position=centered|StartYear=2005|EndYear=2010|FontSize=9|FontName=Verdana|WinRGB=128,128,128|ControlRGB=192,192,192|Effect=uncover|ButtonStyle=normal")

That worked for me.

Court
Court Bowman, President
Cleveland Consulting, Inc.

http://www.clevelandconsulting.com/
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:32 am
Thanks very much Court,

Tried this, but Filemaker says the text constant is longer than 253 characters!

Have also just tried creating a global text field in the database called 'myparameter' and pasting the parameter in there. Then using the the script as follows:

External ("Popc-DateSelection", myparameter)

This seems to work! Perhaps that's how you are supposed to do it, who knows? Just hope the global field keeps the parameter on a restart.

Thank you very much for your help. You sure start work early!

Best regards

David

Return to General Support