Server questions

General support questions.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:47 pm
1. My goal is to be able to simply and easily implement new versions of our solution both for us (hosted on Server), and for shrink wrapped Runtime apps in the future. In a previous thread, John mentioned scripting table import with the SetNextSerialValue script. I really need some direction on the way to do this right.

Is it as simple as setting up an import script for each of the dozens of tables in each of 5 separate files, and then a separate script to update the values for each of the tables? ...I find it hard to believe that there is no plug in that has been built to do this sort of things for all tables in a file. When I eventually take this to "shrink wrap" there will have to be a user-friendly updater for end users each time a new version is released.

What do all you other developers do??

2. I'd like to publish the Server-hosted solution to the web, for remote access to the database for one or two people. I know that FMP will do this, but am I understanding that I must get "Server Advanced" (read: another $1500) to get this done?

Thanks in advance.

Return to General Support