Personalization

General support questions.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:06 am
I am trying to script a personalized email confirmation to selected members in my database. The script has been a success though the personalization has not been quite so successful. I defined a confirmation subject field and specified the following calculation from within the Specify Mail dialog box:

"Confirmation for" & " " & Name &" " & Last Name

The subject line still only shows the first and last name of the first record in my database. Do you have any ideas?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:26 pm
Make sure that when the script gets called, it's being called from a layout that shows the appointment record. We did an email confirmation on the continue button from the edit appointment dialog, and the same problem came up because it was closing the window before it did the confirmation. Once I moved the script up a little (so it ran from the edit appointment window), it worked perfectly.

One good way to check this is to (if you can) walk through it with FM Developer. If not, throw some pauses into the script and walk through it like that.

Good luck!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:06 am
Thanks for your reply. There is no developer here. I am it. Before receiving your reply, there was some further success in my goal though my confirmation pulls all the email addresses from the email field but only pulled the first record for the subject field. This way, each email has the first and last name of the person in the first record. Then trying a loop was my next attempt with undesired results as well. The test of my confirmation did give the subject line I wanted (personalized with name of each person in my database) but the message (which I am pulling from a field as well) was only received by the first person in my database. The most undesireable result is that it is one email for each record. I would rather there just be one email that is sent out to everyone in my database with a personalized subject line.

I did try some pauses to see if that would help. Have not heard back from the people who are receiving my test emails to see if everyone receives the email and all the right information is there.

Thank you so much for your reply. I was thrown into this position without ANY knowledge of the FM Pro though above average computer skills. Quite a best effort approach but a welcomed challenge for me.

Return to General Support