available time-slots ?

General support questions.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:33 pm
Hello all,

First of all, neat script !

I am trying to accomplish this :

I would like to have available time-slots for every individual day of the week.. To describe this: on wednesday the only timeslots one can put an appointment on would be from 14.00 to 18.00 with intervals of 15 minutes... This should be different for tuesdays or mondays... and in fact it should be different when you for different users....

First i thought of inserting records automaticly and removing the make new appointment link so users could only edit existing timeslots...

any tips ?

thank you,

Olivier
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:34 am
Hi. One way we like to do this is to create "schedule" records. Depending on your situation, these would either indicate when you CAN schedule appointments (a positive schedule) or when you can not (a negative schedule like when you're closed or at lunch).

These schedule records have start times and end times, so you'd have one record for your morning window of appointments, from 9am to 11:45am, for instance. You can use the repeating event engine in CC Calendar to set these up to repeat for different days of the week. You may make different schedules for different users, or types of users, or even for different resources. This post illustrates one way to set up a complicated shift schedule.

In the Scheduling Edition of our calendar, for instance, these schedules give people a visual clue as to when they can make appointments. Give the schedule a staus that colors it appropriately, grey for closed, for instance.

You can then take different approaches to enforcing it.

One nice way is to have people create new appointments by clicking on avaialble times (ie "don't click in the grey"). (Scripts for this are built into the Scheduling Edition.) You'd just preface these scripts with a test to see if they clicked on a schedule record or not. Since these new appointments will have a diffferent type than the type of the schedule record with which they overlap, you can use the type filters to show just the schedule, show just your appointments, or show both.
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:44 am
thank you for your quick answer !

I'll download the scheduler edition and i'll have a look... I've already personalized the standard free edition a bit although.. is this also a free version ?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:37 pm
Olivier wrote:is this also a free version ?

No. Unfortunately there is no free version of the Scheduling Edition, though you can downloads a locked 10 day demo of it.
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to General Support