Need to reset sometimes

General support questions.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:11 am
Hello there,

I am really pleased with your product. There is one problem, sometimes a need to reset partial because the week or month view are not working correctly.

What is the possible reason this happens ?

Many thanks.

Willem-Jan Kempen
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:54 am
The most common reason is that you're accidentially duping or delting calendar records (the interface records used to display the calendar). Since the calendar is completely unlocked, this is kind of easy to do. You'll likely want to restrict most users from delting records from the calendar table when you deploy. You can read more about that here.

Does that sound like it could be what's going on?
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:20 am
Hi John,

Thats probably the problem. I created a custum privelige set. Where deleting or creating records in the calander table is not possible. Also set the menu items to minimum. Hopes this solves the problem.

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards,

Willem-Jan Kempen
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:33 am
Hi John,

I visited the client this week and a needed to reset the calendar again. All users are not able to delete or create records in de calendar table(6 records.

Where should I look for the problem. What happens when I reset the calendar parially when users other users a using the calendar (record lock?)

Kind regards,

WJ
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:41 am
While deleting interface records is the most common reason one would need to reset the calendar, any disruption to the interface found set will do it: omit, sort, find, etc. You should be able to see what is wrong when you arrive to do the reset (are there only 5 records in the foud set, are the records sorted, etc.) this will let you know what is causing the problem.

When you reset (using the "reset" button in the lower right of the about tab or month tab) you delete and recreate the six interface records. If another user is "in" a calendar record (has an uncommitted filter change or appointment edit) you'll see a message that the routine could not complete. Simply reset again once the user is out of all records.

The reset will not affect anyone's appointment data, it simply resets their interface.
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to General Support