enter find results

General support questions.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:11 pm
I need to enter the count results of a find.

Example: I want to find the number of sales leads received from Google on 10/18/2005. And paste the results into a specific field. The number of records in this case is 22. Each lead is its own record.

I am using FM6
JIMBO
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:05 pm
Status ( CurrentFoundCount ) will return the number of records in the found set. You could set or insert that as needed.
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:48 am
Okay I get the Status (CountFoundSet) to work when I am doing one find and count.

I actually need multi results.

Explanation:

I want to record the number of Google Quotes for a specific day, then the number of Yahoo Quotes for the same day, then the number of Main Quotes for the same day. Then add the three find results together for a daily total, then I want to repeat the exercise tomorrow and add tomorrow's results with todays'.

I am making a reports showing number of each quote type per day, daily total and a continuing total for the month.

thanks,
JIMBO
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:37 pm
I believe you can assemble the reports you're interested in by creating summary parts on your report that break (and then count) your results by Day, Week, or whatever. Once you have such a summary part, you'd place a summary field in this part that would sum or count the results as needed.
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to General Support