Avoid truncated lines on an invoice?

General support questions.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:50 pm
Hi...I am new to relational databases but I find File Pro 8 basically easy to understand for what I need to do. I am, however, having a problem with displaying the complete 'description' field on an invoice. So far I have only been able to display 1 truncated line in the description field.

What I would like to do is to display all of the information in the 'description' field (which would sometimes use several lines and sometime not) and then continue the entries using the next line. I have been using QuickBooks and that is the way they handle entries on their invoice form.

I would really appreciate any help you may be able to offer.

Thanks...Bill
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:49 am
Hi Bill,

You can easily do what you want using the "sliding" attribute of layout objects. You'll likely want to print the invoice from a separate layout than that which you create it on. On that print layout, make your description field as large as you think your longest description would be, then select the field in layout mode and choose "Set Sliding/Printing..." from the Format menu. Set "Sliding Up Based on..." and check "Also Reduce Size of Enclosing Part."

Note that these sliding attributes are only utilized in Preview Mode and when printing. They don't slide in browse mode (hence the need for a second printing layout).

Hope that helps.
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to General Support