Web Publishing - Scheduling Edition

General support questions.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:02 pm
Hi

I work for a public school district and we use the calendar to schedule building usage for Community Education courses.

I would like to publish the calendar on the web to enable the secretaries on each campus to access the appointments scheduled for their respective campuses. They would have read only access privileges.

I'm having difficulty deciding on the best way to go about this. Do you have any pointers?

We use the Windows platform.

Would appreciate any help you can give.

Thanks,
Commed
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:40 am
Commed wrote:I would like to publish the calendar on the web to enable the secretaries on each campus to access the appointments scheduled for their respective campuses. They would have read only access privileges.

To publish a read-only calendar, I'm partial to exporting your calendar to the vcal format where it can be published using the free phpicalendar on your web site. This export is built into CC Calendar Pro and Pro SE.

You can also allow your campuses to subscribe to your served calendar from iCal (Mac) or something like Sunbird (windows).

We have a page on our site describing all your web publishing options, including links to a free kit for the subscribe-from-ical thing. Check it out here.
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:34 am
Thanks for the tips. I tried using the Instant Web Publishing method, but the layouts do not appear properly on the web. I'm unable to navigate from day to week to month - the tabs aren't even appearing for these options. Is there a plug-in I'm missing?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:01 am
Yes. You need our Instant Web Publishing Module in order to publish CC Calendar using IWP. (Our IWP module is a separate interface file optimized for IWP.)

I think this may be overkill for a read only calendar (some of the "read only" options here may make more sense), but it works great.
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to General Support