Add Users to Projects in Seedcode Complete

General Information about upcoming products, upgrades, etc.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:21 am
I have seedcode calendar complete v1.36. i would like to ability to select which users are on each project. I know that I need to setup the relation between the two databases. But how would i modify the filter script so I could filter the gantt chart by user. Thank you very much for your help.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:29 am
Hey there. So the gantt chart is already filtering by user: it will filter the *actvity* (our appointments) on a project by user. So if you're events are inheriting (through a lookup or auto-enter calc) the project's user(s) then you should be all set and all you need to do is a) add a user attribute to the project, b) set up the lookup of these users into events, and c) set these users into existing events.

And you don't necessarily need to make relationships for this; we use the user's initials as our keys, so if you have a checkbox of uses initials on a ProjectUsers field in projects you can have the ApptUser_kf field in Appointments look that up right from projects. No relationships required.

Hope that helps,

John
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:18 pm
John, thank you for the speedy reply. We are not using the solution to track each activity / appointment for a particular project (yet at least). So filtering the gantt I want to select the one user and see each of the projects that one user is working on (the projects filter would be clear). So on the overview tab of the projects page I added a ProjectUsers field (text field with checkbox of user intitials). Where do I go from here then. Sorry if this is noob issue. You are the man.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:42 pm
No Problem. Make that lookup that I suggested in Appointments: all the "projects" that you see on the gantt chart are actually records in the appointments table so once they have a staff attribute (one that is looked up from the project) the staff filter will work on them.

To get this really slick, though, you have script any changes to the Project's staff so that those propagate down to the project's appointment records. If you have trouble with that scripting, that is something you can hire us to help with.

Best,

John
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:19 am
John, thank you for your help. I understood your directions to create a lookup in the appointments list of the project user field. However I was having difficulty selecting the right relationship in my auto-enter calculation. So I decided to bring the related field from the appointments list to the project overview page (just like the duration start and end dates). Thanks again.

Return to FileMaker Products (General)