Sending emails

General Information about upcoming products, upgrades, etc.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:33 am
I am currently utilizing filemaker's built in email function to send emails to multiple customers in a found set. I have a calculation field that I designate as the body of the email, and although I use various functions to change font size, bold, etc., when I send the email it comes through as plain text. Am I doing something wrong or does filemaker not support these functions when sending email. Does Seedcode have any solutions I could utilize to send emails instead of using filemaker's built in capabilities?

Thanks
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:03 am
Hey there,

You got it: FileMaker does not support sending rich text or html emails. You'll need to use a plugin to do that: one of our favorites is from 360Works. You might also check out fmSpark if you want to send HTML mail as it supports html stationery so your users don't necessarily have to see the html (though you as the developer would).

Hope that helps,

John
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:33 am
Hi John,
Thanks for your suggestions. I am having a little trouble figuring out how to "work" 360works. fmSpark seems a bit more user friendly, I like the step by step implementation instructions. Is fmSpark something that I can run on the host computer and have the 2 other users be able to utilize it? Or do I need to purchase a copy for each computer?

Return to FileMaker Products (General)