Seedcode Subscribe

General Information about upcoming products, upgrades, etc.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:08 pm
Hi,

I need to use specific colours in my calendars that are not on the standard drop down. Using some (all?) of the standard list everything works fine.

I tried putting a 1 in the active column next to some unactivated colours in the colours layout and it duly added them to the drop down, but these colours cause an error when I test the setup:

Error 507: Value in field failed calculation test of validation entry option

Using a hex value also causes the same error.

What am I doing wrong please?

Thank you!

Nigel
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:19 pm
And a second issue please:

In the calendar list on the left of the SeedCode Subscribe Setup I have green ticks next to two of my 8 calendars. They all seem to be working (albeit with colour issues!)

What does this mean please?

screengrab.jpg
screengrab.jpg (13.85 KiB) Viewed 32779 times
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:34 pm
Only the colors marked as active are known to work with SeedCode Subscribe. To get the green check mark for each calendar in the list, select it and click the "Validate Server Settings" button. If all of your settings are valid, the green check mark should appear.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:16 pm
jeffalmquist wrote:To get the green check mark for each calendar in the list, select it and click the "Validate Server Settings" button. If all of your settings are valid, the green check mark should appear.

This doesn't seem to be the case. The settings are the same for each calendar, they all work, but only some have the green check mark.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:26 pm
We've had an incident with a colleague's calendar database growing to 450MB and the refreshes slowing down her computer. This is using BusyCal on a mac.

The BusyCal developers say the feeds from Seedcode Subscribe are 'synthetic subscriptions' which replace each event on each refresh as opposed to just supplying changes. Are they correct? We have large calendars refreshing every 5 minutes.

Do the 'private subscriptions' which don't require username and password also refresh every appointment?

BusyCal's recent 2.5.3 release has made some changes to ensure past data gets deleted, which I presume was causing them a problem previously, but just updating changes would lead to a shorter refresh which would be good.

Also, do Filemaker 13 and Filemaker 13 server raise any issues with Seedcode Subscribe please?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:09 pm
We aren't familiar with 'synthetic subscriptions'. SeedCode Subscribe does perform a new query of your database every time you refresh, and that's true for both the public and private links. You might consider filtering the results by date range. The filtering in SeedCode Subscribe only supports the "=" operator, so you would need to create a calculation field in your data file that returns "1" when the event's date is within your desired range (current month, perhaps?) HTH... Jeff
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:11 pm
I'm not sure why some of your calendars wouldn't have the green check mark. I'd be happy to have a look at your SeedCode_Subscribe_Setup file if you'd like to send it to me at [email protected].
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:40 pm
jeffalmquist wrote:We aren't familiar with 'synthetic subscriptions'. SeedCode Subscribe does perform a new query of your database every time you refresh, and that's true for both the public and private links. You might consider filtering the results by date range. The filtering in SeedCode Subscribe only supports the "=" operator, so you would need to create a calculation field in your data file that returns "1" when the event's date is within your desired range (current month, perhaps?) HTH... Jeff

OK - thanks. That's helpful information.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:41 pm
jeffalmquist wrote:I'm not sure why some of your calendars wouldn't have the green check mark. I'd be happy to have a look at your SeedCode_Subscribe_Setup file if you'd like to send it to me at [email protected].

That's OK - the feeds are working fine, even though that database interface is not!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:41 pm
Any comments on Filemaker 13 Server compatibility please?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:22 pm
Hi Nigel. Here's everything we know about FM 13 compatibility for our products:
http://www.seedcode.com/filemaker-13-compatibility/

Return to FileMaker Products (General)