Subscribe: Refresh Results on iOS

General Information about upcoming products, upgrades, etc.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:57 am
When using Subscribe, what are some strategies for refreshing the list of events on the mobile device?

I ask because I have somehow managed to cache, perhaps due to iCloud, my first subscription Calendar on my iPhone. I can't get new events to load nor can I get the device to "see" a new URL (can't get prompted for username and passcode again).

I have tried deleting and re-adding the calendar a few times.
I've tried changing the default "fetch" setting from Manual to "Hourly" and "Every 15 minutes" but that didn't seem to do much. I tried moving the subscription out of iCloud and onto the local device.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks,
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:46 pm
Hi Maida. I'm not sure why you wouldn't be getting new events when you refresh your iPhone calendar; you should be. Are you sure your FileMaker Server is using an external (publicly accessible) IP address?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:24 pm
I figured this out - I was thinking I could get updates through my VPN but now I see this won't work, because iCloud won't be able to do the same. I'll think about setting up a test environment where the web server is on the www.

Thanks,
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:30 pm
Hi Guys,
I'm interested in deploying Subscribe with a FMS two-machine setup, where the FMS WPE is outside the corporate firewall, and the FileMaker Server Database Server is behind the firewall. The Subscribe URL would use the public IP of the web server, but the database server would be behind the firewall on the LAN.

Do you think this will work? I'm not clear about how/when the subscription refresh occurs / how that transaction takes place.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:45 am
That setup is fine as long as your firewall has the right ports open. SeedCode Subscribe talks to FM Server over the standard HTTP port "80", or "443 for" HTTPS. HTH... Jeff
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:14 am
That makes sense. Thanks.

Return to FileMaker Products (General)