Forward/Back buttons on weekly view

Support, Questions and Suggestions for the FM7 Version of CC Calendar.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:46 am
The forward/back buttons on the weekly view don't seem to be working right. For instance, when I boot up the calendar (Sched Edition) today, it rightly shows this week. I click the forward button just to the left of the date, and it shows Friday, August 4. So far so good. Look at the dates below, though, and they show
Sunday 3
Monday 4
Tuesday 5
and so on.
That's the first week of September, not August. What's up with that?

-Scott
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:25 pm
Hi Scott,

I can't reproduce this behavior here, so I wonder if there could be a found set problem: run the "Show Status Area" script from ScriptMaker while you're on the week view. You should see 6 unsorted records with no found set (ie All 6 are Found). If you do, the prev / next week buttons should work fine. If you don't have these 6 found records, click the "reset" button in the lower right of the About tab and try the next week button again.

Let me know if this was the problem and I can suggest some ways to prevent it from happening again.
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:10 am
John,

Yep, that took care of it. Somehow one of the six records had been deleted.

I'd love to hear the suggestions for preventing it!

-Scott
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:17 am
Glad it worked.

Since we deliver the file completely unlocked, it's pretty easy to accidentally delete an interface record with a key stroke. We recommend using FileMaker's built in access privileges to prevent deletion in the Calendar table. If you search the built in FAQ for "security" you'll see a discussion related to this.
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to CC Calendar (FM7/8)