Keeping repeated events connected

Support, Questions and Suggestions for the FM7 Version of CC Calendar.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:22 pm
Is there a simple way to set things up so that repeated events propagate changes made to one of them?

For instance:
The operator (in this case, me :oops: ) forgets to set the event type. It looks like I'd have to go through and correct it for each one. Is there a way to have it make the same change on all records that I make for the first one.

Another possibility is that the class changes rooms.

Or, a class get cancelled just before the start of the calendar. How can I delete it from all of the days on which it occurred at once?

Thanks!

-Scott
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:33 pm
You can do all these things once you get the appointments in a list- there you can use the Records / Replace Field Contents command. To get them in a list you can probably search for them: click on "search" on the daily or month view. If you need more, you might add the RepeatIDX field to the mini window edit appointment layout-- that would let you see the repeat key that connects the appointments and you could search for that.

By the way, when you edit an appointment and click "show repetitions", it makes the related repeating records into the found set. This is kind of undocumented, so check your copy first to make sure you haven't added something to change this. If you haven't, you can perform Records / Replace Field Contents commands right on the Mini Window Edit Appointment layout after clicking "show repetitions" to build the found set.

Hope that helps,
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:19 am
John-

I've been able to use this technique to bulk delete a repeating item, but the Replace Field Contents command is grayed out in the Edit Appointment window because that window only shows up in the middle of executing a script.

I suppose that if I could figure out which script it was, I could set it to allow user abort.

What do you suggest?

-Scott
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:30 am
Hi Scott,

We have slightly different behaviors here in different versions of the calendar. Some halt all scripts when "show repetitions" is clicked. If yours doesn't, you can add a "halt script" line to the "Show / Hide / Select Repetition" script as the last step of the "Get ( ScriptParameter ) = "Show"" section.

Hope that helps.
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:38 am
Yep, that took care of it. Thanks!

-Scott

Return to CC Calendar (FM7/8)