Setting scheduling parameters

Support, Questions and Suggestions for the FM7 Version of CC Calendar.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:21 am
I am fairly new to FileMaker, but I jumped in head first and can find my way around quite well. Although I am not a programmer by trade so the code still sometimes boggles my mind.

I am using the Scheduler to schedule a music school, where we have teachers, rooms, and instruments that we need to schedule. I'd like to be able to place scheduling parameters on the teachers, so that our staff cannot accidentally schedule a teacher on a day or time that they are not teaching.

Any thoughts? I have read through and printed most of what has been posted on this board. I am so impressed by the support! I don't *think* this question has been posted in any form, unless I missed it somehow.

Thank you for offering this fantastic program - and for being around to help us "make it fit" with our specific applications.

I love it!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:23 am
We're using it for a music school as well, and our answer to that is that all room scheduling requests have to go through the front office! 8) Our faculty have view access (or rather, will once I get the web module set up) only.

Eventually I'd like to add this, too, so that, say, the organ prof can schedule individual lessons in the main hall during certain times, but can't lay claim to an entire day. For now, though, we just handle those restrictions manually.

-Scott

Return to CC Calendar (FM7/8)