Performance Seems Slow

Support, Questions and Suggestions for the FM7 Version of CC Calendar.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:29 pm
I'm pretty pleased overall with CC Calendar Pro Scheduling Edition (just purchased) because it allows smooth integration with our existing databases. However, the performance concerns me. Switching between tabs across the top (Daily, Week, Month, etc.) lags for 2-3 seconds each time. I know there are a ton of portals being displayed, and I suspect I can clear some of these out (for instance, we don't use the other items, so that whole row can go on the weekly view), but I'm wondering if there's maybe something wrong, or if this is normal.

FYI, I'm hosting it on a super-fast Win2K FMSA server (all current updates) and accessing it with a Powerbook G4/1.5, all fast connections, and I'm the only one accessing it now. I only have 15 appointments, so it's not a sort issue I don't think.

Tips are appreciated!
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:36 am
Hi. The Scheduling Edition does have a lot of portals being displayed and I would say that the speed you're describing is within the normal range (that is, there is likely nothing wrong with your setup, etc.)

Fortunately, there are a number of things you can do to speed things up. Search the calendar's FAQ (click "FAQ" on the left side of the About tab) for "speed" and you'll find a long post describing strategies for making things faster.

(This FAQ is also available online.)

For instance, this is one of the more popular of these modifications:

Note that the vertical display of appointment times to the left of the Daily view (and to the left of each day’s appointments on the Week view) may be redundant in situations where you’re replying on the Schedule tab more and more. In such cases, removing this display form the Daily and Week view layouts will definitely speed those up.

Best,

John
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:28 am
Thanks a lot for the tip (I'm "guest" from above... forgot to log in). I removed the dots and simplified the week view so that I have a default week view with just appointments (no availability bars, to dos, or other items), and added a "more" button that takes you back to that original layout.

I think removing the dots and simplifying that week view gave me significant improvement. Now I just have to convince everyone else here to switch from NUTD (which sucks).

Thanks again!

-Charlie
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:33 am
Charlie,

Thanks for the feedback! Good luck with that convincing ;-)

John
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to CC Calendar (FM7/8)