iCalendar files and NUTD

Support, Questions and Suggestions for the FM7 Version of CC Calendar.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:08 pm
Hi all-

I'm having trouble getting my exported iCalendar files to open in Now Up-To-Date. The calendar file is being exported fine, and iCal can read them (of course), but NUTD can't figure it out. It can look for the file, but no events show up. My events look like this:

BEGIN:VEVENT
SUMMARY:Meeting at client
DESCRIPTION:
DTEND;VALUE=DATE-TIME:20050628T100000
0DT0H15M0S
END:VEVENT

So I'm not sure what that ":invalid:nomail line is all about, and the 0DT0H15M0S part seems out of place. Is there a way to modify what's being exported? Am I totally missing something here?

Thanks!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:13 pm
NM, I found it. For anyone with similar problems, it's in the CaliCalExportGlob field setting script step.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:21 pm
Sorry for the triple post, but I cleaned up the script so that my events look like this:

BEGIN:VEVENT
SUMMARY:Meeting with client
DTSTART;VALUE=DATE-TIME:20050628T094500
DTEND;VALUE=DATE-TIME:20050628T100000
DURATION:0DT0H15M0S
END:VEVENT

Pretty simple... and NUTD is still not recognizing any events. Any pointers?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:59 am
Are you using the Mac or Windows version of NUTD? It looks like NUTD sees the All Day events, but misses those with start times. There are a couple different ways to encode the start and end times. I'll try a few of those later today to see if I can get NUTD to see any.

Would be nice if NUTD supported iCal export, then we could see how it thought the file should look.

John
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:38 am
I'm using both mac and windows, but getting the same results with both.

Actually, I've been able to subscribe to some other ics files from icalshare.com using NUTD without issue. All you have to do is change the link from webcal:// to http:// and add it as a server in NUTD. I'll keep fooling around with it. I appreciate the help, and if you find anything, you'll be my hero :D

-Charlie
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:38 pm
I'm just starting with CCcalendar SE after using NUDC for years. I miss the NUDC multi-day view.

So do you mean that I could publish my CCCalendar in such a way that NUDC could subscribe to it? This would give me the view of the data I want but sill allow the full integration with my other info. that the CCC gives.

When you publish to iCal or NUDC is it real time? That is, do any changes to the calendar become immediately available to the subscriber?

Thanks,
Steve
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:44 pm
I'm just starting with CCcalendar SE after using NUDC for years. I miss the NUDC multi-day view.

So do you mean that I could publish my CCCalendar in such a way that NUDC could subscribe to it? This would give me the view of the data I want but sill allow the full integration with my other info. that the CCC gives.

When you publish to iCal or NUDC is it real time? That is, do any changes to the calendar become immediately available to the subscriber?

Thanks,
Steve
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:52 pm
Hi Steve -

The way it publishes to NUTD is by exporting a .ics file using a FileMaker script. We automate ours with a system that's in a constant loop running various scripts on various databases, so we set it up to export everyone's calendar every 20 minutes. That's one option... if you want more info on how we do this, I can help you out.

I'd say your best option is to just make a new layout. In the higher versions of CCCalendar, the week view is just like the multi-day view from NUTD. And to make a NUTD week view in CCCalendar would be even easier to implement.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:57 pm
Hi Charlie,

I have the Pro Scheduling edition, but the week view is not useful. We need to see a graphic representation of multiple resources in each day. We're a recording studio and want to see which studios are open.

I have been in touch with John who said this would be too slow. I've actually offered to pay him to do this, haven't heard back yet. If you think you could create a layout that showed basically 15 vertical colums or so (5 days by 3 engineers/studio) I'd be happy to pay for it, or do something in return for you.

Thanks,
Steve

http://www.audiolink.com
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:09 pm
This sounds like what the schedule tab does. Is that what you're looking for, or do you need something more?

I'm actually in the process right now of developing a similar solution for a client, only it's for post-production suites at an ad firm. Same deal though, multiple suites, multiple jobs, and multiple people, and then tying all that together. I'm a little short on time because of that, but I may be able to share my experience with you at the end.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:17 pm
Exactly like the schedule tab, only smaller so you could see 5 days. I would only need 3-5 Resources for each day thus the 15 (to 25) columns.

I would be interested in what you're building as my setup is similar. I just started using FMP7 and have built a very useful Job Records database in two weeks, and now need to add calendaring to it. I think I can make cccalendar work with changing some of the fields in the appointments to link to my Job Records database, the darn multi-day view thing is the hangup. My Studio Manager really needs to look at a whole week in the Schedule Grid view.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:13 am
can you please tell me where to put the CCFM2iCal.xsl file?

When I try to export to iCal I'm told that file cannot be found and is needed.

Thanks
Steve
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:18 am
Put it wherever you want, but you have to specify where it is in the export script step. I think the default is in the FileMaker app folder.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 3:02 am
well i'm getting there. planning on using PHPiCalendar to publish.

To show the different resources I know I need to publish one calendar for each found set.

Question is with an automated scripting solution likes waves in motion's events, I would write 5 scripts i assume, one for each Resource/Calendar.

Will PHPiCalendar then automatically combine these into one viewable calendar? If not would iCalendar?

Thanks,
Steve
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:50 am
Both would let users select an individual calendar (one from each export) or "show all calendars".
John Sindelar
SeedCode
Next

Return to CC Calendar (FM7/8)