Help with new appointments that do not appear in the calenda

Support, Questions and Suggestions for the FM7 Version of CC Calendar.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:56 pm
I have been customizing the pro version of CCCalendarPro7 and everything seemed to be going fine. Then when I tried to add a new appointment it would not show up in the calendar even though it is in the CCCalAppts table. The appointments that I had already created still show in the all areas of the calendar only new appointments do not appear anywhere.

I have not changed any of the calculation or preexisting relationships but have added a some new relationships and removed some layouts.

Any insight into this would be greatly appreciated

Thank you in advance for your time.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:18 am
Hi Charles,

If existing records are showing up but newly created ones are not I would suspect that either a) some of the essential data is missing in the new records; or b) one or more of the calculated keys is not evaluating - as can happen on importing records; or c) you have the calendar filtered and the newly created records aren't matching the filter the way you expect.

In any event, I'd be glad to take a look at it if you'd like to email me the files ( john at seedcode.com ).

(Sorry I didn't reply to this yesterday!)

John
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:51 pm
Just purchased your newest Scheduling calendar.

I am also attempting to link our solution to your calendar.

Here's what I've done:

Our file- link your appt table to our events table. PropertyID(our table)=PropertyID(created in your appt table) AND ApptType(created in our events table)=ApptType(your table)

Your file- Same relationship

When I create a new record from within our solution, a record IS created in yours. However, I cannot view the events (appts) on your calendar. I CAN find them by doing a search in your calendar. When I click on the appt, it takes me to the day view, as normal, but shows NOTHING.

Ultimately, I want to create a script from our solution that will take several dates that calculate automatically based on one date entered (all are fields in one record), and copy/paste them (or whatever is the best way to do this?) into a new table. In this action, I would need to transfer only the 3 relevant fields (date, Property ID, and Type), creating a new record for each date in your table. I must do this, because I want each date to have a different "type".

Before I work on the ultimate goal, I wanted to be sure I could get the basics to work: create a record in a table in our solution, and have that date show up in your calendar.

Because this isn't working, I'm at a stand still.

I hope this makes sense. I must be missing something basic.

Any help would be appreciated, ASAP. I'm working a tight deadline to get this integrated and implemented.

Thanks in advance, John.

Nate
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:51 am
Nate wrote:I CAN find them by doing a search in your calendar. When I click on the appt, it takes me to the day view, as normal, but shows NOTHING.

Sounds like you're very close! I would guess it is a filter issue- that the type isn't coming across as expected and that you have the calendar filtered by type. Just a guess.

When we get to places like this we generally put all the keys on a layout and look at the record to see why it isn't showing up. In the case of the Scheduling Edition, that means putting the following fields on the Daily view (somewhere off to the right):

CaldDateKeyCalc0
CalLinkUserCalc
CalLinkUserHideCalc
CalLinkTypeCalc
CalLinkTypeHideCalc
CalLinkResourceCalc
CalLinkResourceHideCalc

The create a new window and move that to the CCCalAppts Layout (layout #89). Navigate to the appointment you can't see on Daily (usually the last record) and add these fields to that layout:

ApptKeyDateRangeCalc
ApptKeyUserCalc
ApptKeyTypeCalc
ApptKeyResourceCalc

At that point you should be able to see which of these keys aren't matching. Remember that the date range keys hold multiple values- only one of those values has to match.

Feel free to email me the relevant files if you'd like me to take a look at it: I know what its like to be under a deadline. (john at seedcode.com)

Best,

John
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:37 am
The first thing I did was be sure that there were NO filters set. (Assuming this meant "show all").

There were no filters set, and I still coudn't see the appt, which is why I posted my original post.

I'll try your suggestions to see if I see any clues.

Thanks, John.
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:49 am
[quote="Nate"]The first thing I did was be sure that there were NO filters set. (Assuming this meant "show all").

There were no filters set, and I still coudn't see the appt, which is why I posted my original post.

MY 2 cents...

I also made sure the filters were set correctly and double checked all the fields used in the relatiionships with working and non working appointments and was not able to find any differences. I went to a backup that was working and recreated all the relationships one by one and was not able to reproduce the issue (that's why I never got back to you John but thank you for replying). I still think that one or more of the calculated keys were not evaluating correctly as you mentioned in your response but I was not able to confirm anything.

Charles

Return to CC Calendar (FM7/8)