quirk??

Support, Questions and Suggestions for the FM7 Version of CC Calendar.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:02 pm
When I attempt to enter a new appointment in the "week" view by clicking in the desired time area for the day, the dialog box pops up asking me (for example) if I want to create an appointment on August 20th at 11:30. I select "yes", and the appointment creation window appears.

The problem is, the day that I selected (and that it asked me to confirm) is NOT the day it places in the date field in the Appointment window. This is quite annoying as I then have to go back up and switch it to what I had originally wanted.

??
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:18 am
Nice catch. Turns out that we use one method to display the date in the dialog, but then assume the calendar has already "selected" that date before creating the appointment. As you noticed, this only occurs on the week view when you're creating an appointment on a date other than the one selected in the calendar.

Here is how to fix this in your copy:

1) Edit the script "Edit Appointment From Hours"

2) Duplicate the 13th line, shown below with a single red arrow below, and move it to the position indicated by the double red arrow.

3) Once there, change the target field to be CalendarScheduling::CalFilterDateGlob as shown in the screen shot below.

4) That's it. You can now change the original instance of this line to use CalFilterDateGlob instead of the Choose statement (so that the choose is only written once) but that isn't necessary.

Thanks again for catching this!

John

John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to CC Calendar (FM7/8)