interested in one modification

Support, Questions and Suggestions for the FM7 Version of CC Calendar.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:40 am
i've seen the modification in topics http://www.seedcode.com/support/viewtopic.php?t=412

how does it cost???
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:35 am
This mod is now included in our new Scheduling Edition, I believe upgrading to that version would be the most cost effective path.

Note that the Scheduling Edition shows resources (not users) across the top by default. To show users also, check out the "Have your cake..." section of this post.
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:57 am
i've checked the modification

the modification works good but there is a problem

i 've record/appointement with more than 1 user/technician and so the view/label SCHEDULE show only 1 user/technicians occupied and not all the technicians involved in the appointements
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:36 am
lorenzo wrote:i 've record/appointement with more than 1 user/technician and so the view/label SCHEDULE show only 1 user/technicians occupied and not all the technicians involved in the appointements

I don't think this is an issue... let's say you have 3 users BM, CB, and JS. You'd create "resources" for these of the resource type "USER". Then, when filtering the Schedule tab by the resource type "USER" you'd see three columns, one for each of these users.

Now, if one appointment was for two of these (sat, BM and CB), that appointment would show up in both their columns. Even though the column is only looking for one user, it will display appointments for that user even if there are other users on the appointment. (This is a good thing; the daily view works the same way when filtering by user.)

One thing you might do to make this more clear is add a list of the users assigned to the appointment to the "ApptDisplayOnScheduleText" calc in CCCalAppts. That is the "description" field which shows up on the schedule tab. This way you'd be able to see if an appointment was for BM and CB even if you found it in BM's column. Add something like...

Code: Select all
& ¶ &

Substitute ( ApptUser ; "¶" ; ", " )

...to the end of that calc.

Hope that helps,

John
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to CC Calendar (FM7/8)