Display a resource for different days?

Support, Questions and Suggestions for the FM7 Version of CC Calendar.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:34 am
We currently use an unlocked version of CC Calendar that we have modified to use as our production scheduling solution. We manufacture products that start out on one machine and progress through 2 or 3 more (depending on the product) before they are finished. It would be nice to be able to see multiple windows that display the schedules for different machines on different days to determine when to schedule our product on a particular machine. Is this possible in CC Calendar or would the new Scheduling product be better?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:12 am
Actually, I guess what I need is to be able to open multiple windows that are independant of one another but, I haven't been able to do this. Any ideas?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:27 am
Hi there,

Multiple windows don't really work because FM7/8's globals are scoped to the session, not the window. That is, you can open multiple calendar windows, but they will all share the same filters, selected date, etc.

There is good and bad there.

In any event, I think the week view is the most promising area for you to consider as it can show one machine's activity across multiple days. That machine would be an appointment "type" in the Pro Calendar or an appointment's "Resource" in the Pro Scheduling Edition. Since all CC Calendar's filters support multiple selection, you can ask to see two or three machine's for the week, and that might be what you need.

While the Scheduling Edition lets you compare the schedule of different machines, it really only does this one day at a time, so I don't know if moving to the scheduling edition would help you. You can always toggle from day to day on the scheduling tab, which might be *nearly* as good as toggling from window to window.?

HTH.
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to CC Calendar (FM7/8)