SE :Can this be done ?

Support, Questions and Suggestions for the FM7 Version of CC Calendar.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:00 am
Hi

So far, we are very happy with the SE that we purchased recently. It is very well designed and documented.

We are considering using it to manage another type of our resorces. The usage and booking of this resource is by day. We do not need the start and end time. All we are interested is the start date and end date.

This is what like to have under the schedule tab -- to display the resources on the left and the days on top. Preferrably we like to display the entire month (30 days or so) across the top. If the resource is being booked or used, it will show different color. It is something like a planner.

If this mod feasible ?

Thank you
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:51 am
It is certainly feasible. In fact, I wouldn't mind building such a view together with you. Feel free to email me directly about this and we'll put something together (john at seedcode.com)

At the same time, our Gantt Chart template is designed precisely for this kind of thing, though it shows actual jobs / projects / phases booked for a date range- not collapsing these into a "resource" as you're describing. The Gantt chart also lets the visible range (you suggested you'd like to see 30 days) be flexible, so that chart can show 30 days across the top or 3 years across the top. You can swap out the milestones table in CC Gantt for the appointments table from the calendar so that both the calendar and gantt chart show the same records, just in different ways.

Do email me though, as I think a day-based horizontal view would be pretty cool.

Best,

John
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to CC Calendar (FM7/8)