New Tip: Subscribe to FMP from iCal (Mac) or Sunbird (Win)

Support, Questions and Suggestions for the FM7 Version of CC Calendar.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:37 am
If you're using FileMaker Server Advanced you can now *subscribe* to CC Calendar Pro from iCal. Our iCal Subscription Kit tells you everything you need to know and includes the definitions of two new calendar calc fields and an .xsl sheet you can just drop on your server.

Our kit contains a customized version of myFMbutler.com’s awesome vCal Template: one specifically modified to work with CC Calendar.

Once you've subscribed, your CC Calendar appointments and ToDos can be viewed in iCal friendly Dashboard or Konfabulator Widgets. A list of compatible widgets can be found in our kit's pdf.

BTW, think of iCal as a file format, not as a Mac only application. On windows you can subscribe to the same URLs using Sunbird (from the folks who brought you FireFox).

Enjoy!
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 10:55 am
I downloaded the subscription kit and set up our CCCal Pro so we can subscribe with iCal & Sunbird. After some tweaks it works fine.

My question--we're using the calendar for staff appointments for several offices. Our format is, we have a user initial for each office, then we put the staff person's name in the title field. In the description field we put specifics about the appointment--where, what, etc. It looks like iCal is only getting the title and not the description field. Is there a way to get both?

thanks
Jerry
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 11:10 am
jcobbs wrote:I downloaded the subscription kit and set up our CCCal Pro so we can subscribe with iCal & Sunbird. After some tweaks it works fine.

My question--we're using the calendar for staff appointments for several offices. Our format is, we have a user initial for each office, then we put the staff person's name in the title field. In the description field we put specifics about the appointment--where, what, etc. It looks like iCal is only getting the title and not the description field. Is there a way to get both?

thanks
Jerry

Congrats on getting that set up & working. If you look at the top of page 2 of the instructions you'll see that we are setting both a Summary (the title) and a Description (the description). If you're calc matches ours then there should be a "DESCRIPTION:" line in your calc. Try putting the calc field on a layout to see if this description is coming through.
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to CC Calendar (FM7/8)