File-Language

Support, Questions and Suggestions for the FM7 Version of CC Calendar.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:08 am
Hi there,

I want to change the default language which filemaker creates when creating a file. I know ik can chage it when creating a clone. But then I will have to import al tables again, is there an other way ??

Kind regards,

Willem-Jan
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:14 am
I don't believe there is another way to do this. We've included some scripts to help, though. Check out the "Reset Calendar" script and its branches. You can use some of these to reset some of the table data (days, times) so you don't have to reimport them. Use these scripts at your own risk, however, even slight modifications to CC Calendar can cause them to produce unexpected results: I'd think of them as a library of shortcuts you can use when making a clone.

BTW, can you let us know why you need to change the default language? Where does this affect your users? Just curious.

John
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:50 am
When customizing the calendar, the function get(current date) returns the american format. So far I then adjusted this by formula for EU standard. I wondered if I could easily change the file language so I do not have to reformat the date results.

Return to CC Calendar (FM7/8)